These Nutella French Toast Roll-Ups are a fun, finger-friendly treat for breakfast or brunch. These portable, and easy to make French Toast Roll Ups are filled with delicious Nutella, dunked into custard, sauteed until golden brown and then rolled in cinnamon sugar goodness!
This post first appeared over at Princess Pinky Girl, where I am a contributor
If you love breakfast and traditional French toast you are going to love these mouthwatering Nutella French Toast Roll-Ups. They are bursting with flavor and are so much fun to eat.They are portable too like these Baked Cinnamon French Toast Muffins making them the perfect treat to serve at brunch parties.
Just a few common ingredients (that you probably already have at home) is all you need to make this delicious treat! I like to use white sandwich bread for this recipe but wheat or whole-grain bread also work well.
How To Make Nutella French Toast Roll-Ups
- The process is super simple. First, trim off the crust from each slice of bread. Then get a hold of a rolling pin and flatten the bread slices. No need to work out your frustrations here – the bread is pretty soft and no much effort is needed.
- Spread each slice of bread with a layer of Nutella. Control the urge to eat everything that has Nutella on it.
- Tightly roll each bread slice.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the milk, egg, sugar and vanilla extract and set aside. In a separate bowl mix the sugar and cinnamon.
- Dip each Nutella French Toast Roll-Up into the milk and egg mixture. A quick dip is all you need! We don’t want to soak up too much of the liquid. Then saute each roll in melted butter until golden brown and slightly crispy. Remove from the pan and roll each roll-up in the cinnamon sugar.
By now, I can guarantee your kitchen smells amazing and you are more than ready to start eating (that is if you have not already taken a bite of a warm and sugary Nutella French Toast Roll-Up – I know they are hard to resist, as hard to resist as this Bacon Cooked in the Oven! Crispy and perfect every time!
These Nutella French Toast Roll-Ups are amazing by themselves or dunked into some warm maple syrup. Serve them with fresh berries for breakfast/brunch or as an appetizers at a children’s party.
- You can make these roll-ups hours ahead. To reheat them, place them on a sheet pan and bake them in a 325 degrees oven for about 5-8 minutes or until warm.
- Here are some other breakfast ideas sure to please everyone!
Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes with Maple Pecan Butter
Double Chocolate Waffles A La Mode
Check Out These Other Amazing Recipes
- How to make Carne Asada
- Mexican Stew
- How to make a Sock It To Me Cake
- Dalgona Coffee Recipe
- Turkey Breast in Crockpot
- Pozole Ingredients
- What is Tom Yum Soup
- Poke Bowl Toppings
- Cajun Alfredo Shrimp Pasta
- What are Crepes made of
- Cooking Frozen Scallops
WANT TO TRY THESE NUTELLA FRENCH TOAST ROLL-UPS?
PIN IT TO YOUR BREAKFAST OR BRUNCH BOARD!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
Follow me on social media for more recipe ideas & inspiration! Pinterest Facebook Instagram My Newsletter
Nutella French Toast Roll-Ups
- 8 white or wheat bread slices
- 4 tablespoons Nutella
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg (or 2 medium eggs)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Maple syrup for serving (optional)
- Trim the crusts off the bread. With a rolling pin, roll each slice of bread until flattened.
- Spread each slice of bread with a layer of Nutella (about 1/2 tablespoon per slice), and tightly roll up the bread slices.
- In a small shallow bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, sugar and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a separate small shallow bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- In a large nonstick saute pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Dip each Nutella French Toast roll-up in the milk and egg mixture. Place the roll-ups in the pan and cook for about 2 minutes, turning them as needed until they are golden brown and slightly crisp on all sides. Repeat until all the roll-ups are sauteed.
- Immediately after removing the roll-ups from the saute pan, roll them through the cinnamon-sugar mixture until all sides are coated. Serve them warm with some maple syrup on the side.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
PINTEREST / FACEBOOK / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!
Leave a Review!