Last updated on July 14th, 2019 at 07:26 pm
This Cajun Shrimp Alfredo Pasta is creamy, rich and flavorful with a bit of a kick! The best part is, with this shrimp Alfredo recipe, you can have dinner on the table in under 30 minutes!!! Now, that is my kind of meal.
Shrimp Alfredo Pasta is one of those meals my whole family can agree on having. Tender and plump Cajun shrimp in a rich, creamy and cheesy Parmesan sauce is always a favorite. We love bold Cajun flavors like in this Cajun Chicken Meatballs in Creamy Sauce! A must try recipe for sure.
Instead of going out to a restaurant, make this ultimate comfort food dish at home. Trust me, this Cajun Shrimp Pasta is so easy to make and much more affordable that eating out!
How To Make Shrimp Alfredo Pasta
- Boil the pasta in salted water according to package directions. Any shape of pasta works.
- While the pasta cooks, season the shrimp with Cajun seasoning.
- Place butter and olive oil in a skillet and cook the shrimp for 1-2 minutes per side. Remember that shrimp cooks very quick. When they turn pink they are done! If you are not sure, cut one in half. The inside should be white and not longer translucent.
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet. Add the cream, the garlic powder and ground pepper. Simmer on low heat.
- At this point, your pasta should be about ready. Before draining it, reserve one cup of the cooking water. You will use it if the sauce gets too thick.
- Add the Parmesan cheese to the sauce and simmer on low heat. Make sure it doesn’t boil! If it does it will separate.
- Add the drained pasta into the skillet and the Cajun shrimp. Toss gently. If it’s a bit thick, add some of the pasta water until the shrimp alfredo pasta looks creamy!
- Before draining your pasta, remember to save some cooking water. If your sauce gets too thick or your pasta gets a bit dry; add some pasta water to make it creamy again.
- Feel free to add extra Cajun seasoning to the dish. Just watch for heat and salt levels.
- This Shrimp Alfredo recipe doesn’t ask for wine – which is a plus if you don’t consume alcohol, don’t have any white wine at home or simply don’t want to open a bottle just for this recipe.
- You can make this Cajun shrimp pasta with Half & Half although the consistency will be a bit lighter.
- Love shrimp? Here are a few recipe ideas:
Thai Tom Yum Soup (Thai Hot and Sour Soup)
Southern Style Shrimp and Grits
Creamy Tuscan Shrimp
Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas with Cilantro Lime Butter
- You can remove the shrimp tails before cooking if you prefer.
WANT TO TRY THIS CAJUN SHRIMP ALFREDO PASTA?
PIN IT TO YOUR PASTA, SEAFOOD OR MAIN DISH BOARD!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
Cajun Shrimp Alfredo Pasta
- 12 ounces linguine or your favorite shape of pasta
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ pound large or medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning (plus more to taste)
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped (optional)
- Cajun seasoning to taste (optional)
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Place the shrimp in a medium bowl and toss with the Cajun seasoning.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the butter and the olive oil. Add the shrimp to the pan and cook for about 1-2 minutes per side or until it turns pink. Remove the shrimp from the skillet and reserve.
- Into the same skillet, add the heavy cream, garlic powder and ground black pepper. Stir and simmer on low heat for about 4-5 minutes. Add the Parmesan cheese and mix well until slightly thick. If the creamy sauce gets too thick, you can add additional heavy cream or some of the pasta water.
- Drain the cooked pasta, reserving about 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Add the cooked pasta and shrimp to the skillet. Mix gently with the sauce until well combined. If the dish looks a bit dry (and needs a bit more creaminess), you can add some of the reserved pasta water.
- Season to taste, you can add additional Cajun seasoning if you wish) and garnish with sliced green onions and parsley (optional). Serve immediately!
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!
Things You May Need for this Cajun Shrimp Pasta