These Grilled Shrimp Skewers are seasoned with a simple Cajun butter resulting in the most mouthwatering, succulent and delicious grilled shrimp. An easy appetizer or dinner recipe guaranteed to become a favorite!
These grilled shrimp skewers are buttery, lightly charred, a bit smoky and packed with Cajun flavors. To make things better, these shrimp kabobs are light, gluten free, low carb and totally fabulous! Definitely a perfect dish for summer grilling. But if the weather doesn’t cooperate, you can always use a grill pan.
It is no secret I love Cajun-Creole flavors. I cannot even tell you how much my family and I enjoy this creamy and decadent Cajun Shrimp Alfredo Pasta. It has become a favorite and a dish we love serving to our friends and guests.
How To Grill Shrimp
Grilling shrimp is incredibly quick and easy. All you need is shrimp, skewers and a hot grill! First, let’s talk about the shrimp. Jumbo and large shrimp are the best for grilling. They are less likely to get stuck on the grill grates and overcook. I usually buy shell-on, tail-on already deveined shrimp. They are easy to peel and have already been cleaned – that saves a lot of time.
I also buy bags of frozen shrimp when they go on sale. If you don’t know how to thaw frozen shrimp, I can tell you it is easier than you think. You can either thaw it in the refrigerator overnight or do what I always do, place the frozen shrimp in a colander and rinse with cold running water. They thaw out pretty fast.
Shrimp should be grilled fast over direct heat. Set your grill to high and wait until it is hot. Place the shrimp on the grill and cook for a few minutes per side. You should flip the shrimp as soon as the underside starts to turn pink.
Cajun Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- Soak wooden skewers in water for about 30 minutes before grilling.
- Melt the butter and mix in the Cajun seasoning, lemon juice and a bit of honey. Some commercially sold Cajun seasoning mixes contain more salt than others. Use unsalted butter just to be on the safe side.
- Skewer the shrimp and brush each shrimp skewer with the flavored Cajun butter.
- Grill until no longer pink. Brush with the remaining flavored Cajun butter.
- Enjoy these BBQ Shrimp as an appetizer or as part of a meal.
- Check out this homemade Cajun Seasoning Recipe from West Via Midwest.
- Take a look at these shrimp recipes
Creamy Tuscan Shrimp
Grilled Shrimp BLT Panini with Herb Aioli
Southern Style Shrimp and Grits
WANT TO TRY THESE CAJUN GRILLED SHRIMP SKEWERS?
PIN IT TO YOUR APPETIZER OR DINNER BOARD TO MAKE IT LATER!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
Cajun Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails on
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Lemon slices for garnish (optional)
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for about 30 minutes to prevent burning.
- In a bowl, mix together the melted butter, Cajun seasoning, lemon juice and honey.
- Rinse and pat dry the shrimp with paper towels. Thread the shrimp onto skewers and place them on a sheet pan. Brush some of the Cajun flavored butter on both sides of the shrimp.
- Heat the grill to high. Grill each shrimp skewer over direct heat for 2-3 minutes per side, flipping as soon as the first side begins to turn pink. Cook until the shrimp is no longer translucent and a bit charred.
- Remove from the grill and brush with the remaining Cajun flavored butter. Serve garnished with lemon slices (optional).
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!