Last updated on September 27th, 2017 at 05:45 pm
CRISPY AND GOLDEN BROWN -THIS PERFECTLY COOKED BACON IN THE OVEN IS THE WAY TO MASTER BACON PERFECTION – WITHOUT THE MESS!
Would you like to know how to perfectly cook bacon in the oven? Would you like to know how to prevent the greasy, nasty mess of cooking bacon any other way? Great for cooking big or small batches. This is how restaurants do it!!
- Do you ever wonder how restaurants cook massive amounts of bacon perfectly every time?
- Do you love bacon, but the thought of cleaning all that greasy mess makes you want to become a vegetarian?
- Tired of dodging spatters of hot grease while standing over a hot stove? (ouch it always burns)
How To Perfectly Cook Bacon in the Oven
Let me share with you my easy and foolproof way to cook bacon at home (you are welcome!) I guarantee you will never cook bacon any other way.
Mess Free – Hands Free – No Flipping – Great for Big Batches – Always Perfect Bacon
There are two popular methods for cooking bacon in the oven. The first one, is laying the bacon directly on a baking sheet – this is my favorite method!! The second method, is placing the bacon on a wire rack, then placing that rack on a baking sheet.
Although both methods work well to produce crispy bacon, placing the bacon directly on the baking sheet is the way to go. Here is why:
- Although the bacon cooks in its own fat, this method doesn’t produce greasier bacon. You can read more about that here
- The bacon fat actually cooks the bacon more evenly preventing chewy or dried up spots.
- Cleaning is easier! Toss the foil and wash your baking sheet with hot water and a little dish soap. No scrubbing needed!! On the other hand, have you tried to clean a wire rack covered in grease and stuck bits of bacon drippings? Picture yourself carefully scrubbing those individual tiny squares….. NO THANK YOU!!!!
- Always use aluminum foil to line your sheet pan. If you have heavy duty aluminum foil, this is the time to use it! That being said, there’s no need to go out and buy some just to cook a batch of bacon.
- After you are done cooking your bacon, wait a little bit to remove the foil from the sheet pan. When the grease cools off, it is easier to remove and toss the nasty mess without any spills.
- Would the oven get messy? No more than when you roast a chicken!! So the short answer is not really!
- Placing the cooked bacon on a plate lined with paper towels is essential! Do not skip this step!
- Like all things bacon? Take a look at these other recipes:
Parmesan Herb Easy Skillet Potatoes
Grilled Shrimp BLT Panini with Herb Aioli
Potato Corn Chowder
Mac and Cheese Carbonara
Zesty Baked Beans with Bacon
Mexican Street Pasta Salad
WANT TO COOK BACON IN THE OVEN?
PIN THIS RECIPE TO MAKE IT LATER!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE RECIPES!
CRISPY AND GOLDEN BROWN -THIS PERFECTLY COOKED BACON IN THE OVEN IS THE WAY TO MASTER BACON PERFECTION - WITHOUT THE MESS!
- 1 pound bacon (or 2lbs)
- Sheet Pan(s)
- Aluminum Foil
- Paper Towels
- Kitchen Tongs
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean up (if you have extra thick aluminum foil, this is the time to use it! Otherwise the regular works just fine).
Arrange the bacon in a single layer. The slices can be very close together but should not overlap. If they do, they will stick together. Use a second sheet pan, if necessary.
Bake for about 15 -25 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. At around 14 minutes, you can start monitoring how fast the bacon is cooking.
Cooking times will vary depending on the thickness of the bacon and how crispy you like it (at home we all love it super crispy - especially the hubs, he eats his bacon at "jerky" consistency).
- When ready, remove the bacon from the oven and place it in a plate lined with paper towels.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 days. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months.
You can save the bacon grease to be used for a separate recipe however, if you are going to get rid of it, let it cool and solidify for easier clean up.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!