Jalapeno Popper Quiche Recipe – this quiche recipe is made easy by using a premade pie crust. Loaded with cheese, jalapenos and crispy bacon, this easy quiche recipe is perfect for breakfast, brunch and dinner!
This quiche has all the delicious flavors you love about Jalapeno Poppers baked in a golden and flaky pie crust! Creamy, cheesy, a bit spicy and full of tasty bacon. This Jalapeno Popper Quiche is by far the best quiche recipe sure to become one of your favorite egg dishes.
What is Quiche?
Quiche is savory custard made with eggs and cream and baked in a pie crust. The sky is the limit when it comes to quiche flavorings! This classic French dish can be made with many different fillings. Cheese, meats, seafood, vegetables, herbs and different spices can be used. Quiche can be served warm or cold.
Easy Quiche Recipe Ingredients
- Pie Crust
- Cream Cheese
- Half and Half
- Monterrey Jack Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
How To Make This Jalapeno Popper Quiche Recipe
- To make things super simple (and quick) I use store-bought frozen pie crust.
- Remove the pie crust from the freezer while you preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- With a fork, poke tiny holes in the bottom of the pie crust.
- Cook the bacon until crispy.
- Bake the pie crust for 10 minutes. When done, lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs, half and half, paprika and cream cheese in a medium bowl. Whisk vigorously to break up the cream cheese pieces. The mixture won’t get completely smooth. That is perfectly fine!
- Stir in the jalapenos and cheeses, reserving some for the top of the quiche. Season with salt and pepper.
- After the pie crust is baked, scatter the bacon at the bottom of the pie crust. Pour in the egg mixture and top with remaining cheese and sliced jalapenos. Bake until set.
How To Tell When The Quiche Is Done?
- Your quiche is done when it is completely set in the middle. I usually give the quiche a little shake. If the middle wiggles, I bake it longer.
Another way to check for doneness is by inserting a toothpick or skewer in the middle. If it comes out clean, your quiche is done – just keep in mind that this Jalapeno Popper Quiche has cream cheese and a lot of cheese, so your skewer may come out with a little bit of cheese (that is why the gentle shake method works for this recipe).
Can I Make This Into a Crustless Quiche?
- Absolutely! Pour the egg mixture into a pie dish coated with cooking spray. The cooking spray will keep the quiche from sticking to the dish. Melted butter or oil can also be used.
Can I Make This Quiche Ahead of Time?
- Yes, after the quiche is baked, cool it completely. Cover it and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To reheat, cover the quiche with aluminum foil and bake in a 325 degrees oven for about 20 minutes or until heated through.
Quiche Recipe Tips
- This Jalapeno Popper Quiche is rich and decadent. You can lighten it up by using 2% milk and fat free cheese, however, the quiche won’t be as creamy.
- Keep an eye on your quiche during the last 15 minutes of baking. If the crust is browning too fast, cover the crust ring with aluminum foil.
- You can use refrigerated pie crust instead of frozen. Unroll the pie crust and press it into a deep 9″ pie dish. Crimp the edges with your fingers. Follow the rest of the instructions shown in the recipe below.
- You must use a deep dish pie crust for this recipe instead of a regular 9-inch crust or you won’t have enough room for all the cheesy custard.
- If you don’t want your quiche to be too spicy, remove all the seeds and membrane from the jalapenos before dicing.
- Check out my recipe for crispy and perfectly cooked bacon in the oven.
Follow me on social media for more recipe ideas & inspiration! Pinterest Facebook Instagram My Newsletter
Jalapeno Popper Quiche Recipe
- 1 frozen deep dish pie crust
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup Half & Half
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapeno (about 1 medium pepper )
- 1/2 cup Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup cheddar, shredded
- Salt and pepper
- 5 bacon slices, cooked to crispy and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the pie crust from the freezer and thaw out for about 10 minutes or while your oven gets heated.
- With a fork, prick tiny wholes in the bottom of the pie crust. Bake the pie crust for 10 minutes. When done, lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs, Half and Half, paprika and cream cheese in a medium bowl. Whisk vigorously to break up the cream cheese pieces. The mixture won’t get completely smooth as you will still see small pieces of cream cheese.
- Stir in the jalapenos, Monterrey Jack cheese and half of the cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Scatter the bacon at the bottom of the pie crust. Pour the egg/cheese mixture on top. Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese and arrange the jalapeno slices on top.
- Place the quiche on a baking sheet and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until set in the middle. Cool slightly before serving.
Leave a Review!