Last updated on June 16th, 2019 at 04:32 pm
Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad – this easy to make pasta salad recipe is loaded with flavor! Charred corn and pasta are tossed in a creamy chili-lime dressing and topped with cotija cheese and crispy bacon!
This delicious pasta salad recipe has all the great flavors of the popular Mexican Corn on the Cob, also known as Mexican Street Corn or Elotes. Creamy, nutty and a bit smoky, this Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad is always a party favorite and a great dish to bring to your next potluck.
What is Mexican Street Corn
If you have never had Mexican street corn (Elotes), you are totally missing out! Trust me you don’t actually have to walk the streets of Mexico to get one! Mexican corn is so easy to make at home.
Mexican street corn is simply grilled corn slathered in a mixture of mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, cilantro, chili powder and Cotija cheese. Sometimes a hot sauce is drizzled over for extra heat.
Ingredients To Make This Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad
This mouthwatering Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad is made with simple ingredients. You can keep this pasta salad vegetarian by omitting the crispy bacon (although the bacon adds extra crunch and flavor..
- Roasted, toasted, charred or grilled corn
- Cooked pasta in any small shape
- Green onions (scallions)
- Cilantro (use parsley if you don’t like cilantro)
- Cotija cheese (queso fresco or feta cheese can be used)
- Crispy Bacon (optional but I highly recommended)
- Creamy Chili-Lime Dressing, mayonnaise, sour cream (Mexican crema can be used instead of sour cream), lime zest, lime juice, garlic, chili powder and cayenne pepper. If you don’t like spicy food omit the cayenne pepper.
How To Make Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad
Grilled or roasted/charred corn can be used for this recipe. Instructions for charring corn is provided on the recipe card or you can read all bout How To Roast Corn easily at home. In a pinch, use canned roasted corn, drained.
- In a bowl place the creamy chili lime dressing ingredients.
- Mix well to combined.
- Place all the pasta salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour the chili lime dressing over the corn/pasta mixture.
- Mix to combine.
- Add the crispy bacon (optional), mix and serve. You can also let the salad sit in the refrigerator for a couple of hours before serving. This will intensify the flavors of this easy pasta salad.
Frequently Asked Questions,Tips and Notes About This Pasta Salad Recipe
- What is Cotija Cheese?
Cotija cheese is a hard and crumbly cow’s milk cheese. Feta cheese and queso fresco are good substitutions.
- Is this a Make-Ahead Pasta Salad?
Yes it is. Place the salad in an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days.
- Is this Easy Pasta Salad spicy?
Not very spicy but it has a little heat. To make it mild, skip the cayenne pepper and remove the veins from the jalapenos.
- This recipe calls for two cups of cooked pasta, that is about 2 ounces of dried pasta!
- In How To Perfectly Cook Bacon in the Oven I show you my favorite way to easily cook crispy bacon without any mess!
- Here are a few other Mexican favorites:
Mexican Three Bean Salad
Mexican Green Chile Rice Casserole
Creamy Cilantro Lime Coleslaw
7 Layer Taco Salad
Mexican Street Corn Salad
- Wondering what to serve with this easy pasta salad? Here are some ideas:
Lemon and Herb Roasted Chicken Thighs
Tequila Lime Chicken
Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
The Best Carne Asada
Bloody Mary Flank Steak Marinade (West Via Midwest)
WANT TO TRY THIS MEXICAN STREET CORN PASTA SALAD?
PIN IT TO YOUR SALAD OR MEXICAN FOOD BOARD TO MAKE IT LATER!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad
For the Chili Lime Dressing
For the Pasta Salad
- 2 (12-ounces) bags frozen corn or 5 to 6 ears of fresh corn
- 2 cups cooked pasta (any small shaped pasta)
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup Cotija cheese cut into small cubes
- 6-8 strips bacon, cooked until crispy and chopped or crumbled (optional)
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
TO PREPARE THE CORN (fresh or frozen)
METHOD #1: In a Cast Iron Skillet or Regular Skillet (frozen corn)
- Heat a 1 inch cast iron skillet over medium high heat. When hot, add the corn kernels in a single layer and cook for about 3-4 minutes. Stir and cook until the corn is charred. You may have to repeat this process until all the corn is nicely charred.
METHOD #2: On a grill (corn on the cob)
- Shuck and clean the corn. You don't have to worry about removing every piece of silk as it will burn on the grill. Heat your grill to medium heat. Place the corn directly on the grill. Grill turning occasionally for about 10 minutes or until charred and cooked through.
To Make the Chili-Lime Dressing
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, minced garlic, lime zest and juice, chili powder and cayenne (if using). Whisk until well combined.
Make the Pasta Salad
- In a large bowl, mix the charred corn, the cooked pasta, green onions, jalapeño, cilantro and cheese.
- Pour the mayonnaise mixture over the corn/pasta mixture and toss well. Add the bacon and mix together. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste. Serve immediately or refrigerate to serve later.
- Two cups of cooked pasta is about 2 ounces of dried pasta
- Place the salad in an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days.
- Nutrition facts includes the bacon however, all nutrition facts are an estimate and will vary depending on brands of ingredients used.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!