This Cilantro Lime Coleslaw is creamy, crunchy, fresh and light. This simple coleslaw recipe only takes a few minutes to make and delivers bright and delicious flavor! This creamy coleslaw is one you will want to make over and over again!
Warm weather is upon us and that means lighter meals, cook outs, potlucks and fun in the sun! Let me just say that this is the best coleslaw recipe ever! We make it all year round because we love the freshness and brightness the lime juice imparts to this slaw recipe – and if you love cilantro, then this one is for you!
How To Make Creamy Cilantro Lime Coleslaw
- To make things quick and easy I usually buy a 16-ounces bag of coleslaw mix. However, you can make your own mix with green and purple cabbage and carrots. You can use only green cabbage if you prefer but I love the addition of color the purple cabbage and orange carrot impart.
- If you decide to make your own coleslaw mix, you will need 6 to 7 cups of shredded cabbage and 1 carrot, shredded.
- The creamy slaw dressing comes together in less than 5 minutes. Mix sour cream, mayonnaise, freshly squeezed lime juice and the zest of a lime and season it with salt and pepper to your taste.
- The slaw dressing can be made ahead and will keep, refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
What to Serve with this Cilantro Lime Coleslaw?
- This slaw is so tasty that sometimes we eat it by itself as a salad. It is also a great side dish for grill meats, the perfect slaw for pulled pork, and the best topping for tacos!
- I give you a few delicious ideas
Bourbon and Peach BBQ Ribs – these tender, fall off the bone ribs are cooked in the oven!
Tequila Lime Chicken – super tasty, easy and great for tacos.
Slow Cooker Carnitas (Pork Carnitas) – juicy, tender and with crispy edges!
- This Creamy Cilantro Lime Slaw will keep refrigerated for up to 2 days.
- After tossing, check for seasoning. Add additional salt and/or lime juice to your taste.
WANT TO TRY THIS CREAMY CILANTRO LIME COLESLAW?
PIN IT TO YOUR SIDE DISH OR SALAD BOARD TO MAKE IT LATER!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
Creamy Cilantro Lime Coleslaw
For the Slaw
- 16 ounces coleslaw mix * see notes
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
For the Slaw Dressing
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Zest and juice of 1 lime (you want about 2 tablespoons of lime juice)
- Salt and pepper to taste
To Make the Slaw Dressings
- In a small bowl, whisk the sour cream, mayonnaise, lime zest and juice and season with salt and ground black pepper. Set aside.
- Place the slaw ingredients in a large bowl. Pour the slaw dressing and toss to combine. Adjust seasoning. Cover and chill for at least 20 minutes.
- To make your own homemade coleslaw mix, you will need 6 to 7 cups of shredded cabbage and 1 carrot shredded.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!