Instant Pot Pulled Pork is incredibly tender, flavorful, easy and very quick to make with the help of a pressure cooker (Instapot). This BBQ pulled pork recipe is perfect for a weeknight meal, cookouts, summer parties and holidays.
My son tells me this is the best pulled pork recipe and I must say I agree with him. I used to make pulled pork in the slow cooker, and although it was delicious, it took almost all day to cook. This Pressure Cooker Pulled Pork takes a fraction of the time to make, which makes it perfect for hectic days and also for entertaining.
This Instant Pot Pulled Pork recipe feeds a crowd! However, I have a few ideas on dishes you can make with the leftover pulled pork. One thing you must make is pulled pork sandwiches! Trust me, juicy and tender BBQ pork and coleslaw on a toasted bun equals total deliciousness!
What Kind of Meat to Use to Make Pulled Pork
- Pork shoulder or pork butt are the best cuts for the most tender and juicy Instant Pot Pulled Pork. However, pork loin (not tenderloin) can also be used. Because the loin is leaner, make sure you do not trim the fat cap.
How To Make Instant Pot Pulled Pork
- Cut the pork into medium size pieces, about 2-inch chunks.
- Make a simple dry rub. No complicated ingredients, just things you probably already have at home.
- If you have time, seal the meat and spices in a resealable bag and let the meat marinate for one hour.
- Next, I mix the wet ingredients – I use store bought barbecue sauce which makes things quicker and a lot easier!
- I set the instapot to “saute” and sear the meat in batches. Browning the meat seals in the flavor. I try not to skip this step, especially since the saute and cooking can all be done in one pot!
- I return all the pork to the instapot and stir in the wet BBQ ingredients.
- I set the pressure cooker to meat and the timer for 90 minutes.
- After the cooking cycle is complete, I let it release naturally. This takes about 15 minutes. Then I use two forks to shred the meat.
What To Do with Leftover Pulled Pork
- You can freeze the leftover BBQ pork. When cool, I transfer the pork into resealable freezer bags.
- Make pulled pork totchos! Tater tots, pulled pork and loads of shredded Monterrey Jack cheese!
- Use the Instant Pot Pulled Pork to top baked potatoes.
- Make, nachos or quesadillas. Top burgers and even cheese pizza.
What To Serve with Pulled Pork?
WANT TO TRY THIS INSTANT POT PULLED PORK?
PIN IT TO YOUR DINNER OR INSTANT POT BOARD TO MAKE IT LATER!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
Follow me on social for more recipe ideas & inspiration!
Instant Pot Pulled Pork
- 4 pounds boneless pork shoulder, cut into 2-inch pieces *see notes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the Dry Rub
- In a small bowl, combine all the dry rub ingredients. Mix well and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the sauce ingredients.
- Season the pork pieces all over with the dry rub.
- Turn the instant pot/pressure cooker to "saute". Add the oil and allow it to get hot. Add some of the pork to the pot making sure you do not overcrowd the pot. Brown the meat for about 5 minutes, turning the pork to all sides. Transfer the first batch of cooked meat to a plate and continue to brown the rest of the pork.
- Press the keep warm/cancel button on the instant pot. Return all the meat to the pot and pour over the sauce. Toss well making sure the meat is well coated. Close the lid. Set the instant pot to meat/stew and set the timer to 90 minutes.
- Once the cooking cycle is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally (it should take about 15 minutes). However in a rush, follow instructions for quick release.
- Carefully unlock and remove the the lid. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the pork to a bowl.
- Switch the instant pot to the "saute" setting. Do not cover the pot. Simmer the sauce while you shred the meat. The sauce will reduce a little bit. Mix the shredded pork with the sauce. Use as much or as little as you want.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!