These Baked Cinnamon French Toast Muffins are portable and fun to eat with your fingers! Their delicious crunchy cinnamon sugar topping makes them irresistible!
Full of cinnamon flavor, these Baked Cinnamon French Toast Muffins are easy to toss together and bake in under 30 minutes! They are the perfect grab and go breakfast and also amazing served at brunch and big gatherings!
Now that school has started, I am always looking for breakfast ideas that are easy, quick and kid friendly. If the recipe is also a make-ahead one, I always feel like I hit the jackpot!
This is why I love this recipe:
- These Baked Cinnamon French Toast Muffins are pretty much French toast baked in a muffin tin, which make them portable and super cute!
- You can prep them ahead of time and bake them in the morning (or when you are ready).
- You can bake them, save for later and then warm them up in the microwave.
- Because they are portable and not really messy, you can eat them with your fingers or on the go.
- They are perfect served at brunch parties as part of a buffet – you can just grab one and mingle.
- They freeze well!
- Although they are delicious as is, you can dust these delicious Baked Cinnamon French Toast Muffins with powdered sugar. They are also amazing with a drizzle of Maple syrup or Nutella (my little one’s favorite way to eat them!).
- You can use any other type of bread, like brioche, cinnamon raising or challah. You just need about 7 cups of cubed bread.
- Do you need any other breakfast ideas? Check these out!
Make ahead Very Berry Bread Pudding
Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes with Maple Pecan Butter
Double Chocolate Waffles a la Mode
How To Perfectly Cook bacon in the Oven
Potato and Chorizo Hash
WANT TO TRY THESE BAKED CINNAMON FRENCH TOAST MUFFINS?
PIN IT TO YOUR BREAKFAST OR BRUNCH BOARD TO MAKE IT LATER!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
Recipe adapted from Secrets of a Caterer’s Kitchen
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounces) loaf cinnamon swirl bread dried, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
Whisk together the milk, cream, sugar, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
Add the cubed bread into the mixture mixing gently to combine.
Scoop the bread mixture into the muffin pan - about 1/3 cup per well.
Distribute the topping mix over the muffins and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before removing them from the muffin tin. Serve.
In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Using a fork, blend in the butter. You want to have pea-size clumps of butter.
- I like to cut the bread into cubes the night before I am baking these Cinnamon french Toast Muffins so the bread has a chance to dry up.
- If making ahead, you can mix all the wet ingredients and store them covered in the refrigerator.
- You can also mix the topping ingredients and save them in a zip top bag in the refrigerator.
- Serve them as is, dusted with powdered sugar, with maple syrup or with a drizzle of Nutella.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
Things You May Need