Last updated on April 14th, 2019 at 08:19 pm
Tart, sweet and perfect. This Pomegranate Margarita is my favorite margarita hands down!
When it comes to margaritas, I have very strong feelings. I am kind of a
plain Jane purist. A classic margarita on the rocks with salt on the rim is all I ever want! All the flavored stuff never intrigued me enough to make me want to order it or better yet ~ make one.
That’s until I decided I wanted to make a “perfect for the holiday season” type of cocktail!
That’s how this colorful and super tasty drink came into my life. I have to admit, it’s been a love affair ever since. I am totally obsessed with this delicious margarita!
The Best Pomegranate Margarita
It all started at the supermarket. When it comes to produce, there may not be a lot to choose from this time of year in my neck of the woods but, my God the pomegranates look amazing and are super sweet.
Since the holidays are upon us, bright and happy colors are a must . What could be better than bright jewel red mixed in with the bright green from the limes?
Also, I wanted a balanced drink. Something tart with a little sweetness but not too sweet (it’s a cocktail not dessert!), refreshing, light and not too strong but with enough kick to make me feel like I’m at a party.
This Pomegranate Margarita definitely delivers! I hope you love it as much as I do. I know you will!
Pomegranate Margarita ~ The Best Margarita Ever!
- 1 1/2 cups chilled pomegranate juice plus extra for the glass rims
- Margarita Salt or Kosher Salt
- 1 1/2 cups silver tequila
- 1 cup triple sec
- 2/3 cup fresh lime juice
- Ice Cubes
- Lime wedges
- Pomegranate seeds
- Pour a small amount of pomegranate juice in a small shallow bowl or plate. Spread the salt on a small plate. Moisten the outer edges of 4 margarita glasses with the pomegranate juice, then coat with the salt.
- In a small pitcher mix the 1 ½ cups of chilled pomegranate juice, tequila, triple sec and lime juice. Mix to combine.
- Fill margarita glasses with ice cubes, pour the pomegranate margarita and garnish with lime wedges and pomegranate seeds.