Lemony, sweet, sour and super easy to make. This Lemon Drop Cocktail is the perfect drink to bring in the sunshine any day!
I absolutely love lemons! My family jokes that I always add lemon juice and/or lemon zest to everything. My answer? Well – yes, almost everything! Lemon wakes up other flavors and honestly I can’t help it. It’s like my secret weapon in the kitchen. I cook with it, I garnish with it and I even clean with it! I guess my family is right, I am kind of a lemon freak!
This Lemon Drop recipe is incredibly easy to make and always a crowd pleaser. If you are a martini fan this lemon drop martini recipe is the drink for you!
Lemon Drop Cocktail
The Lemon Drop cocktail is a vodka-based cocktail that was developed sometime in the 1970s in a bar in San Francisco, California. It is also called Lemon Drop Martini.
One of the reason why I love this recipe, is because it uses superfine sugar instead of simple syrup. Yes, simple syrup is as the name says – super simple to make – but when I want to have a cocktail in no time – the last thing I want to do is make and cool simple syrup!
- If you don’t have super fine sugar handy, don’t worry! Place some regular white sugar in a small food processor or grinder and process – just pulse it a couple of times. Don’t over do it or you will end up with a powdery mess.
- Looking for other cocktail ideas?
Prickly Pear Margarita
Harvest Shandy, An Apple and Pumpkin Beer Cocktail
- This recipe is adapted from What’s Cooking America – Best Lemon Drop
- I am in love with this mason jar cocktail shaker! It’s a bit large so it makes batch cocktail making a breeze.
- If you are looking for a classic, stylish and affordable cocktail shaker, check this one out
WANT TO MAKE THIS LEMON DROP?
PIN IT TO YOUR DRINK OR COCKTAIL BOARD TO MAKE IT LATER!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
- 1 ½ ounces good quality vodka
- 1/2 ounce Triple Sec
- 1 teaspoon superfine sugar or to taste
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Ice cubes
- Superfine sugar for dipping the glasses
- Lemon, thinly sliced
In a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice, add the vodka, triple sec, sugar and lemon juice. Shake well.
Take a lemon wedge and rub the top edge area of the martini glass. Dip the edge into the superfine sugar.
Pour the drink into a sugar-rimmed martini glass. Garnish with a lemon slice.
KEEP IN TOUCH AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!