Last updated on October 23rd, 2019 at 08:25 pm
Baked Chicken Drumsticks in Honey and Soy are so tasty and easy to make. Chicken legs are tossed in a simple marinade then oven baked until tender, juicy and golden brown.
It doesn’t get much easier than these Honey and Soy Baked Chicken Drumsticks. These chicken legs get so much flavor from the simple 5-ingredient marinade, and then they bake in the oven until caramelized and almost fall off the bone tender.
If you are looking for a lip-smacking delicious quick meal, this baked chicken legs recipe is for you!
Chicken drumstick meat is incredibly flavorful and also a very inexpensive cut of meat. It seems I can always find a big pack of chicken legs on sale at the supermarket. They are a great way to feed a crowd while keeping on a budget! Serve them with Ginger and Lemongrass Jasmine Rice and some steamed broccoli for a delicious Asian inspired meal.
Here are some of the questions you may have about baking chicken legs. I will answer them all throughout this post.
- Can I use skinless chicken drumsticks for this recipe?
- How long do I marinate chicken drumsticks?
- At what temperature do I bake chicken drumsticks?
- How long do I bake chicken drumsticks?
JUST TAKE ME TO THE HONEY SOY BAKED CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS RECIPE ALREADY!
If you would rather skip my tips, tricks, essential cooking information and similar recipe ideas and get straight to this delicious baked chicken legs recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card. But, you may be missing out on some good stuff!
How To Make Baked Chicken Drumsticks
You can use skin on or skinless chicken drumsticks for this recipe. You could also use skinless chicken thighs if you prefer. Chicken thighs may take a bit longer to cook.
- The simple honey and soy marinade is one of my favorite marinade recipes! You can use it to marinate chicken breasts as well.
- For the honey and soy marinade, I like to press (or grate) the garlic and grate the ginger so they don’t burn while baking in the oven.
- Marinate the chicken drumsticks for at least 30 minutes. Of course, the longer you marinate your chicken, the more flavor you will get. Sometimes I leave the chicken marinating overnight.
- Because of the honey in the marinade, I like to bake the chicken drumsticks at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. This temperature allows for the chicken to cook while caramelizing the exterior.
- Place the marinated chicken legs in a baking pan or rimmed baking sheet. The chicken will release some of it’s tasty juices. You want to make sure you catch those in a baking pan!
- Bake the chicken drumsticks uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes.
- The chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees before its consumed.
- According to Google, you get 4 drumsticks in a pound. However, I purchased a 4-pound pack of chicken drumsticks and I got 12 drumsticks! Yes, they were big, meaty and fabulous! The recipe below asks for 4 pounds of chicken legs and serves 6 people – That is about 12 drumsticks total, counting that each person gets 2 legs (although I could really eat 3 if no one is watching!).
- Serve these delicious Honey Soy Baked Chicken Drumsticks with:
Maple Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Garlic and Herb Cheesy Smashed Potatoes
Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes
- Take a look at other easy and tasty chicken recipes:
Pressure Cooker Whole Chicken “Rotisserie Style”
Greek Lemon Oven Roasted Chicken Thighs
Cuban Mojo Chicken
French Onion Chicken
THINGS YOU MAY NEED
WANT TO TRY THIS HONEY SOY BAKED CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS RECIPE?
PIN IT TO YOUR CHICKEN OR DINNER BOARD TO MAKE IT LATER!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
Honey Soy Baked Chicken Drumsticks
- 6 garlic cloves, pressed or grated
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 pounds chicken drumsticks (about 12 drumsticks)
- 1 scallion thinly sliced for garnish (optional)
- In a large zip top bag, combine the garlic, ginger, oil, soy sauce, honey and ground black pepper. I massage the bottom of the bag to make sure the honey blends well with the rest of the ingredients.
- Place the chicken drumsticks into the zip top bag, close and shake the bag to make sure all the chicken pieces get coated with the marinade. I like to massage the chicken a bit just to make sure the marinade penetrates every piece of chicken. Marinate for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the chicken in a single layer on a baking pan or rimmed baking sheet (the marinade leftover in the bag can also be placed on the baking pan).
- Bake uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes or until cooked through.
- Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees before its consumption.
KEEP IN TOUCH AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!