Last updated on October 23rd, 2019 at 08:40 pm
Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes are coated in a tasty maple syrup mixture and roasted until tender, caramelized and slightly golden. These delicious roasted sweet potatoes are easy to make and always a favorite!
These oven roasted sweet potatoes are made with a handful of ingredients in about 30 minutes and in one sheet pan. I like to serve them with oven baked pork chops for a very simple and satisfying weeknight dinner and with slow cooker turkey breast during the holidays.
I absolutely love roasted vegetables, especially oven roasted sweet potatoes. Roasting vegetables is easy and always brings out the natural sweetness of the vegetable intensifying its flavor.
How To Make Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a sheet pan with aluminium foil or parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into 3/4 – inch pieces. Cutting the potatoes into even small pieces guarantees quick and even cooking.
- Mix the sweet potatoes with olive oil, maple syrup, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon. Toss to coat.
- Spread the sweet potatoes on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake, turning once for about 30 to 40 minutes or until tender and lightly golden brown on the edges.
Do You Peel Sweet Potatoes Before Roasting?
For this sweet potato recipe I don’t peel the sweet potatoes however, keeping the skin is up to your personal preference. Sweet potatoes can be roasted with the skin on or off. The skin usually gets crispy.
Do Sweet Potatoes Need To Be Boiled Before Roasting?
No, you don’t have to boil the sweet potatoes before oven roasting. It creates one extra unnecessary step.
What Are The Health Benefits of Sweet Potatoes
Sweet Potatoes are loaded with nutrients, antioxidants and are a great source of fiber. They help reduce and regulate sugar levels and are well known for boosting brain function and improving memory. Because of their high content of vitamin A they are specially important for the immune system.
What Do Sweet Potatoes Pair Well With?
This Maple sweet potatoes pair well with most proteins. They can also be served with grains like quinoa and rice. Here are a few dishes I like to serve with these tasty side dish:
OVEN ROASTED SWEET POTATOES TIPS AND NOTES
- If you like your sweet potatoes on the sweeter side add 1 or 2 additional tablespoons of brown sugar.
- Use a baking sheet large enough to accommodate the sweet potatoes in a single layer.
- Here are some must try sweet potato recipes
Candied Sweet Potatoes with Brown Sugar and Pecans
Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Greens Salad with Quince Vinaigrette
Sweet Potato Casserole with Crunchy Topping
Skillet Cheddar Jalapeno Sweet Potato Cornbread
Sweet Potato, Spinach and Cashew Curry
WANT TO TRY THESE MAPLE OVEN ROASTED SWEET POTATOES?
PIN IT TO YOUR SIDE DISH RECIPES OR VEGETABLE BOARD!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
Maple Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean up.
- Rinse, peel and cut the sweet potatoes into 3/4 inch cubes.
- In a small bowl, mix the maple syrup, brown sugar, cinnamon and olive oil.
- Spread the sweet potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet and pour the maple syrup mixture over them. Season lightly with salt and toss to coat.
- Roast in the oven, for 30 to 40 minutes or until tender and the edges are lightly brown, turning them with a spatula once during the cooking process.
- Remove from the oven and season with salt to taste. Serve warm.
KEEP IN TOUCH AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!