Last updated on October 10th, 2018 at 06:55 pm
This Tuna Pasta Salad is mayo-free, delicious and quick to make. Tossed in a light lemon, yogurt and herb vinaigrette, with canned tuna, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, mild diced red onions, Kalamata olives and capers. This Mediterranean Tuna Pasta Salad is the perfect lunch, light dinner or side dish to serve at your next gathering!
I am so ready for spring and summer that I am already planning dishes I can serve at picnics, cookouts and backyard parties. Just like this Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad, this Tuna Pasta Salad is so easy to make, I often serve it as a weeknight meal and everyone loves it.
Dressing For Tuna Pasta Salad
- My favorite part of this tuna pasta salad recipe is the super flavorful and light lemon, yogurt and herb dressing. It definitely makes it healthier than most pasta salads. That is always a huge plus!
- I add lemon juice, olive oil, a couple tablespoons of plain yogurt, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, chopped parsley, salt and pepper into a lidded jar and shake away! You can also whisk the ingredients in a bowl if you prefer.
- The dressing by itself tastes a bit salty but remember, you have a lot of pasta and vegetables that need seasoning.
How To Make Tuna Pasta Salad
- Cook the pasta in salted water until al dente. Something I learned in culinary school, is not to add any oil to the pasta cooking water – unless you are making a non-mayo pasta salad! So go ahead and add a few drops of olive oil to the cooking water.
- Drain the pasta. You can rinse it with cold water if you want to speed the cooling process.
- When the pasta is at room temperature, add the tuna and vegetables and toss to combine. Pour the dressing and toss!
- You can serve it immediately but the pasta will absorb the flavors a lot more if you let it sit for at least 30 minutes.
How Long Can Tuna Pasta Salad Keep?
- Properly stored, in an airtight container, tuna pasta salad should keep between 3 – 5 days in the refrigerator.
You can Customized this salad by adding:
- Diced Red Bell Peppers.
- Chopped Avocado
- Fresh Dill
WANT TO TRY THIS MEDITERRANEAN SALAD RECIPE?
PIN IT TO YOUR SALAD OR SIDE DISH BOARD!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
- 12 ounces short pasta (rotini, penne, farfalle)
- 2 (5-ounces) canned solid white tuna (in water)
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients.
Cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente. Rinse in cold water.
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. Add the vinaigrette and toss well to combine. Serve (See Note)
For best results let it sit at room temperature for 15 minutes or refrigerate for an hour. The pasta will absorbs the flavors more the longer it sits.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!