These Prosecco Sugared Grapes have only 3 ingredients and are super easy to make. Sweet, crunchy, boozy and addicting! They are the perfect lucky treat for New Year’s or any other day of the year!
Last Halloween I made these spooky and fun Sugared Prosecco Grapes – Halloween Edition. They were my “last minute – let’s quickly throw something together treat”. Not only were they delicious and super cute (if I may say so myself), but they were a huge crowd pleaser.
Obviously, I wanted to make them again! Since I grew up with the tradition of eating grapes on New Year’s as a way to bring luck into the coming year, I knew I had to make festive Prosecco Sugared Grapes – New Year’s Edition! I mean nothing screams luck more than a candied, bubbly, light and refreshing sugary treat.
How To Make Prosecco Sugared Grapes
It’s as easy as soaking the grapes and rolling them in sugar. Yes, that is it! You can soak the grapes for as long or as little as you want. Of course the longer you soak them, the boozier the flavor. If I am pressed for time, I do a quick 15 minutes soaking. If I plan ahead, I do as much as 8 hours (refrigerated).
What are New Year’s Lucky Grapes?
Eating 12 grapes on New Year’s Eve – at the strike of midnight is both a tradition and a superstition that started in Spain. Many South American countries follow this tradition as well. Eating the grapes is said to guarantee 12 prosperous months ahead!
In Peru, we were also to make 12 wishes while eating the grapes- trust me, it is not an easy task. I’ve done it since I can remember! Not only will you most likely explode in laughter when presented with the task but you may also feel like you are choking a bit… It’s all in good fun!
Very important note: You are also supposed to wear red underwear on New Year’s Eve!!
- Use green, red and black seedless grapes.
- Add a little extra kick by adding 1/4 cup of vodka to the Prosecco.
- Use champagne or chardonnay instead of Prosecco.
- Make them kid friendly – soak the grapes in white grape juice or water.
- Freeze your Prosecco Sugared Grapes for a super cool frosted treat/
- If you are serving these Sugared Grapes at a cocktail party, thread them into little skewers for easy serving.
- Check out these other ideas to serve at your next party!
Hot and Cheesy Crab Dip
Queso Fundido Dip
Nutty Maple Brown Sugar Bacon Appetizer
Creamy Shrimp Scampi Dip
Hot and Cheesy Bacon Dip
WANT TO TRY THESE PROSECCO SUGARED GRAPES?
PIN IT TO YOUR APPETIZER OR DESSERT BOARD TO MAKE IT LATER!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
- 1 1/2 pounds grapes
- 1 bottle Prosecco (Champagne or white wine)
- 1 to 1 1/3 cup sanding sugar (I used a combination of white, sparkling white, gold and silver)
- In a large bowl, soak the grapes in the Prosecco for 15 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Remove each grape and roll them into the sugar. You can also drain the grapes before rolling them in the sugar, but do not dry them off.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until needed.
- You need about 1/3 cup of each sugar color.
- I used sanding sugar as well as sparkle sugar, which is coarse. This particular sugar gives the grapes a nice crunch.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!