Last updated on November 18th, 2017 at 07:48 pm
This Maple Brown Sugar Bacon Appetizer is very easy and quick to make. Sweet, savory and nutty. This mouthwatering treat is perfect for cocktail parties, game day or casual nights at home!
Bit pieces of pecans and pistachios are mixed with brown sugar and maple syrup and seasoned with fresh rosemary and cayenne pepper then baked to perfection for the most amazing-mind blowing appetizer ever!
The first time I heard about this appetizer was while watching The Barefoot Contessa. I must admit, I thought it was unusual, but I love Ina Garten and all her recipes so I decided to make a few changes and give it a try. I am so glad I did!! This Nutty Maple Brown Sugar Bacon appetizer is fabulous and so addicting!
Only six ingredients and 30 minutes to total Nutty Maple Brown Sugar Bacon heaven! I am using pecans and pistachios, but you can use a single nut or any combination you want. I think walnuts and pecans are a good option as well!
Place the ingredients in a food processor (I used my mini) and chop away. The mixture will resemble wet coarse sand.
Bake and be ready for greatness!
- Cooking the Nutty Maple Brown Sugar Bacon on a wire rack is a must. Because of the sugar, you must keep the bacon elevated to prevent it from burning when some of the sugar melts.
- Lining your sheet pan with aluminum foil for easy clean up is a must.
- Use thick cut bacon for this recipe.
- Love Bacon? Check my recipe for cooking bacon restaurant style – the way the pros do it Perfectly Cooked Bacon In The Oven.
- My husband loves extra crispy bacon – I mean like super crispy! For him, I cooked the bacon for 6 -8 minutes before adding the topping. Then I followed the recipe timing as is. But be careful it is hot!!
- Here are other amazing bacon recipes
Parmesan Herb Easy Skillet Potatoes
Grilled Shrimp BLT Panini with Herb Aioli
Mac and Cheese Carbonara
Zesty Baked Beans with Bacon
Mexican Street Pasta Sala
WANT TO TRY THIS NUTTY MAPLE BROWN SUGAR BACON APPETIZER?
PIN IT TO YOUR APPETIZER BOARD!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
Inspired by a recipe by Ina Garten
Nutty Maple Brown Sugar Bacon Appetizer
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped or whole
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios, chopped or whole
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons pure Maple syrup
- 1/2 pound thick-cut bacon cut in half crosswise
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire baking rack on top.
- In a food processor combine the brown sugar, nuts, salt, rosemary and cayenne and process until the nuts are finely ground. Add the maple syrup and process to moisten the mixture. It will resemble coarse wet sand.
- Place the bacon pieces on the baking rack. They should be about an inch apart form each other (you don't want the bacon to touch). With a small spoon spread the nut/sugar mixture evenly on top of each piece of bacon.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the topping is nicely brown. Remove from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes (it is hot, very hot) before transferring to a paper towel lined plate. Transfer to a serving plate and serve warm or at room temperature.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!