Last updated on October 7th, 2018 at 07:49 pm
This Shrimp Scampi Dip is creamy, cheesy and delicious. Loaded with succulent shrimp, garlic, lemon zest and cheeses. This easy shrimp dip is always a crowd pleaser!
I love warm and gooey cheese dips. They always seem to be the most popular party dips! I know that when I serve this Hot and Cheesy Crab Dip, it always disappears before I can even get my hands (or bread) on it!
This Baked Shrimp Scampi Dip is a dip recipe that everyone loves! Enjoy the flavors of tasty and easy shrimp scampi in dip form – yes! yes, please!!! Succulent shrimp, garlic, lemon zest and fresh parsley, plus the addition of cream cheese that adds a rich and creamy texture, gooey mozzarella and some Parmesan cheese and you end up with the perfect party dip!
CHECK THE VIDEO FOR THIS RECIPE BELOW
It takes very little time to make this simple Shrimp Scampi Dip which in my world is a huge plus! I don’t know about you, but the older I get the more I want to cook simple things that have a ton of flavor and that I know everyone will love.
This Shrimp Dip is made in one skillet (I use cast iron because it can go right into the oven) and cooks in about 20 minutes! Little effort and tons of flavor? I’m in!
How To Make Shrimp Scampi Dip
- Have all your ingredients ready because the cooking goes fast!
- In a skillet, saute the shrimp in butter with garlic and lemon zest. Add lemon juice. The shrimp is ready as soon as it starts to turn pink.
- Do not overcook the shrimp! Remember the dip will bake and the shrimp will cook a little extra in the oven.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and mix in the cream cheese.
- Add the sour cream, mayonnaise, Mozzarella, Parmesan and parsley and mix until incorporated.
- Top the shrimp dip with some extra shredded Mozzarella.
- Bake until the shrimp dip is golden and bubbly. Serve it with some bread, crostini or crackers.
CHECK OUT THE VIDEO BELOW TO SEE HOW EASY IT IS TO MAKE THIS SHRIMP DIP!!
- If you don’t have a skillet that can go from the stove top to the oven, transfer the mixture to a baking dish.
- I cut each shrimp into 3 pieces for easy dipping. No need to measure inches here!
- Here are a few more appetizers and dipsyou may like:
Queso Fundido Dip
Brie and Cranberries Baked in Puff Pastry
Cheesy Meatball Skillet Dip (West Via Midwest)
5 Minute Crack Dip (West Via Midwest)
Texas Trash Dip – Warm Bean Dip (An Affair from the Heart)
Lobster Mac and Cheese Bites (Art From My Table)
Skillet Jalapeno Popper Dip (A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures)
Things You May Need
WANT TO TRY THIS SHRIMP DIP RECIPE?
PIN IT TO YOUR APPETIZERS OR DIP BOARD!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
Creamy Shrimp Scampi Dip
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 8 ounces large shrimp, peeled, deveined and cut into 1/4 inch pieces*
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded plus more for topping**
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped plus more for garnish
- Lemon slices for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a 10 inch oven safe skillet*** or cast iron skillet over medium heat melt the butter. Add the garlic and lemon zest and cook stirring often for about 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and season lightly with salt, pepper and cayenne. Cook stirring occasionally for about 2 - 3 minutes or until the shrimp is starting to get pink. Add the lemon juice and simmer for about a minute.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and whisk in the cream cheese. Mix well until the cream cheese is well incorporated. Add the sour cream, mayonnaise, mozzarella, Parmesan and parsley and mix well to combine.
- With a spatula level the mixture to an even layer, Sprinkle the top with Mozzarella (I used about 2 tablespoons).
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the top is bubbly and golden. Remove from the oven and garnish with extra parsley and lemon slices (optional). Serve hot with bread, crackers or crostini.
**I used Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese.
***I prepared this dip in a cast iron skillet and served it directly from it. If you don't have an oven safe skillet, you can transfer the dip into a 10-inch baking dish.
Recipe inspired by a recipe by Food Network Kitchen
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!