Last updated on November 9th, 2017 at 08:33 am
This Shrimp Scampi Dip is rich, creamy, cheesy and so tasty. This bubbly hot dip is easy to make and definitely a crowd pleaser!
This Hot and Cheesy Shrimp Scampi Dip is loaded with succulent shrimp and the amazing flavors of garlic, lemon zest and fresh parsley. Add to that the creaminess of cream cheese, gooey mozzarella and some Parmesan cheese and you end up with the perfect party dip!
I have more good news, it takes very little time to make this Shrimp Scampi Dip which in my world is a huge plus! I don’t know about you, but the older I get the more I want to cook simple things that have a ton of flavor and that I know everyone will love. That way I can spend more time enjoying my family and/or guests and more time wine-ing.
Have all your ingredients ready because the cooking goes so fast!
Quickly saute the shrimp in butter with garlic and lemon zest. The shrimp is ready as soon as it turns pink. Do not overcook it! Remember the dip will bake and the shrimp will cook a little extra in the oven.
After adding the lemon juice you whisk in the cream cheese and the rest of the ingredients and into the oven it goes! Easy! Bake until golden and bubbly and serve it with some bread, crostini or crackers.
- For less dishes to do – use a cast iron skillet. It goes from stove top – to oven – to table.
- You can saute the shrimp and mix the rest of the ingredients in a skillet and then transfer the mixture to a baking dish if you prefer.
- I cut each shrimp into 3 pieces. No need to measure inches here!
- Here are a few more cheesy and gooey dips you may like:
Hot and Cheesy Crab Dip (my most pinned recipe!)
Queso Fundido Dip
Brie and Cranberries Baked in Puff Pastry
WANT TO TRY THIS SHRIMP SCAMPI DIP?
PIN IT TO YOUR APPETIZERS OR DIP BOARD!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 8 ounces large shrimp, peeled, deveined and cut into 1/4 inch pieces*
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded plus more for topping**
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped plus more for garnish
- Lemon slices for garnish (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
In a 10 inch oven safe skillet*** or cast iron skillet over medium heat melt the butter. Add the garlic and lemon zest and cook stirring often for about 2 minutes.
Add the shrimp and season lightly with salt, pepper and cayenne. Cook stirring occasionally for about 2 - 3 minutes or until the shrimp is starting to get pink. Add the lemon juice and simmer for about a minute.
Remove the skillet from the heat and whisk in the cream cheese. Mix well until the cream cheese is well incorporated. Add the sour cream, mayonnaise, mozzarella, Parmesan and parsley and mix well to combine.
With a spatula level the mixture to an even layer, Sprinkle the top with Mozzarella (I used about 2 tablespoons).
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the top is bubbly and golden. Remove from the oven and garnish with extra parsley and lemon slices (optional). Serve hot with bread, crackers or crostini.
*I cut each shrimp into 3 pieces.
**I used Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese.
***I prepared this dip in a cast iron skillet and served it directly from it. If you don't have an oven safe skillet, you can transfer the dip into a 10-inch baking dish.
Recipe inspired by a recipe by Food Network Kitchen
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!