This Shrimp Scampi Dip is creamy, cheesy and delicious. Loaded with succulent shrimp, garlic, lemon zest and cheeses. This easy shrimp dip is always a crowd pleaser!
I love warm and gooey cheese dips. They always seem to be the most popular party dips! Just like when I serve this Hot and Cheesy Crab Dip, this tasty shrimp dip always disappears before I can even get my hands (or bread) on it!
This Baked Shrimp Scampi Dip is a dip recipe that everyone loves! It is the best dip to serve at dinner parties, game day gatherings and holidays.
Enjoy the bright flavors of traditional shrimp scampi in dip form, trust me you will end up with the best party dip ever!
It takes very little time to make this simple Shrimp Scampi Dip which in my world is a huge plus! I don’t know about you, but the older I get the more I want to cook simple things that have a ton of flavor and that I know everyone will love.
This Shrimp Dip is made in one skillet and cooks in about 20 minutes! Little effort and tons of flavor? I’m in!
Ingredients To Make This Shrimp Dip
- Lemon, zest and juice
- Fresh Parsley
- Cheeses: Cream cheese, Mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Sour Cream
How To Make Shrimp Scampi Dip
- Have all your ingredients ready because the cooking goes fast!
- In a skillet, saute the shrimp in butter with garlic and lemon zest. Add lemon juice. The shrimp is ready as soon as it starts to turn pink.
- Do not overcook the shrimp! Remember the dip will bake and the shrimp will cook a little extra in the oven.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and mix in the cream cheese.
- Add the sour cream, mayonnaise, Mozzarella, Parmesan and parsley and mix until incorporated.
- Top the shrimp dip with some extra shredded Mozzarella.
- Bake until the shrimp dip is golden and bubbly. Serve it with some bread, crostini or crackers.
Can This Shrimp Dip Be Made Ahead?
Yes! You can make this shrimp dip ahead of time. One more reason why this rich shrimp dip is perfect to serve during the busy holiday season. You can prepare this dip the night before. Cook the shrimp, mix the rest of the ingredients, cool, cover it tightly and place it in the refrigerator. The next day all you have to do is remove it from the refrigerator about 20 minutes before baking it – just so it’s not chilled, then bake and serve!
Tips and Notes To Make This Shrimp Dip
- Use a cast iron skillet or an oven safe skillet to make this dip – one skillet, less clean up!
- If you don’t have a skillet that can go from the stove top to the oven, transfer the mixture to a baking dish.
- I cut each shrimp into 3 pieces for easy scooping. No need to measure inches here!
- Here are a few more appetizers and dips you may like:
Queso Fundido Dip
Brie and Cranberries Baked in Puff Pastry
Cheesy Meatball Skillet Dip (West Via Midwest)
5 Minute Crack Dip (West Via Midwest)
Texas Trash Dip – Warm Bean Dip (An Affair from the Heart)
Lobster Mac and Cheese Bites (Art From My Table)
Skillet Jalapeno Popper Dip (A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures)
Things You May Need
WANT TO TRY THIS SHRIMP DIP RECIPE?
PIN IT TO YOUR APPETIZERS OR DIP BOARD!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
Follow me on social media for more recipe ideas & inspiration!
Creamy Shrimp Scampi Dip
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 8 ounces large shrimp, peeled, deveined and cut into 1/4 inch pieces*
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded plus more for topping**
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped plus more for garnish
- Lemon slices for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a 10 inch oven safe skillet*** or cast iron skillet over medium heat melt the butter. Add the garlic and lemon zest and cook stirring often for about 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and season lightly with salt, pepper and cayenne. Cook stirring occasionally for about 2 - 3 minutes or until the shrimp is starting to get pink. Add the lemon juice and simmer for about a minute.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and whisk in the cream cheese. Mix well until the cream cheese is well incorporated. Add the sour cream, mayonnaise, mozzarella, Parmesan and parsley and mix well to combine.
- With a spatula level the mixture to an even layer, Sprinkle the top with Mozzarella (I used about 2 tablespoons).
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the top is bubbly and golden. Remove from the oven and garnish with extra parsley and lemon slices (optional). Serve hot with bread, crackers or crostini.
**I used Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese.
***I prepared this dip in a cast iron skillet and served it directly from it. If you don't have an oven safe skillet, you can transfer the dip into a 10-inch baking dish.
Recipe inspired by a recipe by Food Network Kitchen
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!