This Asian inspired Honey Ginger Salmon is not only delicious but super easy to make. The best part is you can have dinner ready in 20 minutes! Who wouldn’t want that?
This is one of those meals I make at home often specially on hectic days when I’ve been running around. After picking up the kids from school the last thing I want to do is spend a long time in the kitchen.
Honey Ginger Salmon
It’s healthy, it’s easy, it cooks quickly and it only requires a few ingredients. Most of which you probably already have in your pantry. No short cuts or cans required. Just simple, full flavored wholesome food.
All you need is soy sauce, fresh ginger, honey, fresh garlic, a little bit of mirin and to give it body and lots of extra flavor melted butter! I just love adding butter to salmon dishes. A little bit goes a long way and it gives the sauce body, almost like a thin glaze-coating for the fish.
This Honey Ginger Salmon bakes for about 12 to 15 minutes. You can serve it over steamed rice, noodles, quinoa, with sauteed or steamed vegetables or even over mashed potatoes.
- I have one rule when cooking salmon (a rule I never ever break). I always season it lightly with salt. Always! No matter what preparation or what other seasonings I will be adding, I always start with salt. The few times I broke this rule, I ended up with super fishy tasting salmon.
Disclaimer alert! This is not scientific, it’s not something I learned at culinary school. It’s just a “my gut tells me I should do that” type of thing and has worked for me for years!
- Since you are using soy sauce for this recipe, season the fish very lightly with salt. You can also use low sodium soy sauce if you prefer.
- Use tamari instead of soy sauce for a gluten free dish!
- Oven baking times? 12 minutes? 15 minutes? How thick is your fish fillet? It’s always better to under cook it than to have a piece of dried fish. Salmon tastes better when it is still a bit pink in the middle.
- If you don’t have mirin handy, you can use rice vinegar or lemon juice instead.
PIN IT FOR LATER
Looking for other quick dinner ideas? This creamy rich and creamy Cajun Shrimp Alfredo Pasta can be ready under 30 minutes!