Last updated on February 12th, 2019 at 12:25 am
These Roasted Chicken Thighs are juicy, tender and perfectly crispy on the outside. These mouthwatering roasted chicken thighs are so easy to make and incredibly flavorful!
These roasted chicken thighs are marinated in a simple mixture of lemon juice, fresh herbs and spices then oven baked to juicy perfection. Baked chicken thighs are one of my favorite roasted chicken recipes. The thigh meat is super flavorful and the fresh marinade adds an amazing delicious taste to this baked chicken recipe.
Let me answer some of the most asked questions I get about this easy recipe:
- What Are The Ingredients To Make This Chicken Thigh Recipe?
- How To Make Roasted Chicken Thighs?
- At What Temperature To Cook Chicken Thighs?
- How Long To Bake Chicken Thighs?
- Can I Use Other Chicken Parts For This Recipe?
Ingredients To Make This Chicken Thigh Recipe
- Bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs.
- Garlic cloves.
- Fresh cilantro.
- Fresh basil.
- Olive oil.
- Lemon juice, freshly squeezed.
- Apple cider vinegar.
- Ground cayenne.
- Ground cumin.
- Salt and pepper.
How To Make Roasted Chicken Thighs?
- Pat dry the chicken thighs with paper towels and season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place the marinade ingredients in a small food processor or blender. Blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Marinate the chicken thighs for 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade and place them in a baking dish or roasting pan, skin side up.
- Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown. The chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees before consuming.
At What Temperature To Cook Chicken Thighs?
- For a perfectly tender and juicy oven baked chicken with golden crispy skin, I set the oven temperature to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
How Long To Bake Chicken Thighs?
- Bake bone-in thighs for 35 to 40 minutes (depending on how crispy you like the skin).
- As per safety guidelines the chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Use an Instant-Read Thermometer to check the temperature before consuming.
Can I Use Other Chicken Parts For This Recipe?
Absolutely! If you prefer make this baked chicken recipe with chicken drumsticks, bone-in chicken breasts or chicken quarters! If you prefer, boneless chicken can also be used. Just adjust the baking time.
Notes and Tips To Make This Roasted Chicken Recipe
- Trim some of the excess fat from the chicken thighs.
- Pat dry the chicken thighs with paper towels before adding it to the lemon and herb marinade.
- If you marinate the chicken for over 20 minutes, place it in the refrigerator. Take the marinated chicken out of the refrigerator 20 minutes before you bake it.
- Use the flavorful lemon and herb marinade on pork chops, lamb, and even flank steak!
- Check these other delicious chicken recipes:
Honey Soy Baked Chicken Drumsticks
Cuban Mojo Chicken
Greek Lemon Oven Roasted Chicken Thighs
Things You May Need
WANT TO TRY THESE LEMON AND HERB ROASTED CHICKEN THIGHS?
PIN IT TO YOUR DINNER, CHICKEN OR MAIN DISH BOARD!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
Roasted Chicken Thighs with Lemon and Herb
For The Marinade
- 1 shallot roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
For the Chicken
- 8 bone in, skin on chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper to taste to lightly season the chicken
- To prepare the marinade, in a food processor or blender combine the shallots, garlic cloves, basil, cilantro, olive oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, cumin and cayenne pepper. Puree until smooth.
- Lightly season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the chicken in a large zip top bag or non-reactive container and pour the marinade over the chicken. Mix to combine making sure the chicken is coated evenly. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes or refrigerated up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the chicken in a sheet pan or baking dish. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown. Remove from the oven and serve.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!