Last updated on October 21st, 2018 at 03:24 pm
These Roasted Chicken Thighs are marinated in fresh lemon juice, garlic, basil, cilantro and spices, then baked to perfection. These easy to make oven baked chicken thighs are juicy and tender with a beautiful crispy skin.
These Roasted Chicken Thighs are out of this world delicious. The chicken is packed with so much flavor while the meat is still super juicy making this the best chicken thigh recipe hands down!
This simple chicken recipe has a very special place in my heart. When I was growing up, every year for my birthday – my grandmother would asked me what meal I wanted her to make. Since about the age of 10, I gave her the same answer every single year! Lemon and Herb Roasted Chicken! Of course, my grandma never wrote the recipe down! This easy chicken thigh recipe is the closest I have ever come to recreating my grandma’s recipe.
CHECK THE RECIPE VIDEO BELOW
Although I made this recipe with bone-in chicken thighs, you can also use chicken drumsticks or bone-in chicken breasts. The citrus and herbs really penetrates the chicken and makes it so flavorful. Plus the roasting helps caramelizing all the flavors and produces the most beautiful golden brown chicken.
Love Chicken Thigh Recipes? Try my easy and delicious Greek Lemon Oven Roasted Chicken
How To Make Roasted Chicken Thighs
- For this particular simple chicken recipe, I marinate the chicken pieces in a delicious mixture of fresh lemon juice and herbs.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade and place them in a baking dish or roasting pan, skin side up.
- Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.
How Long To Marinate the Chicken?
- You can marinate the chicken for 30 minutes and refrigerated up to 24 hours.
At What Temperature To Cook Chicken Thighs
- To get a golden crispy skin and tender and juicy chicken, I set the oven temperature at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
How Long to Cook Chicken Thighs?
- For perfectly oven baked chicken thighs, I cook the bone-in thighs for 35 to 40 minutes (depending on how crispy you like the skin).
- As per safety guidelines, bone in chicken thighs should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Use an Instant-Read Thermometer to check the temperature.
- You can grill or pan sear the chicken instead of roasting it in the oven if you prefer.
- Use this marinade on boneless chicken breast or chicken drumsticks!
- Take a look at the VIDEO for this recipe below!!
- Serve these Roasted Chicken Thighs with:
Jasmine Rice with Ginger and Lemongrass
Crispy Oven Baked Beets
Parmesan Herb Easy Skillet Potatoes
Grilled Vegetables and Couscous Salad
- Check these other chicken recipes
CUBAN MOJO CHICKEN
PRESSURE COOKER WHOLE CHICKEN ROTISSERIE STYLE
CREAMY CHICKEN AND MUSHROOMS
Things You May Need
WANT TO TRY THESE LEMON AND HERB ROASTED CHICKEN THIGHS?
PIN IT TO YOUR DINNER, CHICKEN OR MAIN DISH BOARD!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
- 1 shallot roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 bone in, skin on chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper to taste to lightly season the chicken
To prepare the marinade, in a food processor or blender combine the shallots, garlic cloves, basil, cilantro, olive oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, cumin and cayenne pepper. Puree until smooth.
Lightly season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the chicken in a large zip top bag or non-reactive container and pour the marinade over the chicken. Mix to combine making sure the chicken is coated evenly. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes or refrigerated up to overnight.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the chicken in a sheet pan or baking dish. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown. Remove from the oven and serve.
If your chicken is not golden to your likeness, you can turn on the broiler and broil for about 3-5 minutes.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!