Last updated on August 14th, 2018 at 07:08 pm
This post first appeared over at The Salty Marshmallow where I am a contributor.
Greek Lemon Oven Roasted Chicken Thighs are quick and easy to make. Bone in chicken thighs are quickly marinated and baked with Kalamata olives, tomatoes and Feta cheese until juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside. This simple chicken thigh recipe is both easy and delicious!
I love oven baked chicken recipes, they are easy and always turn out wonderful. One of my favorite baked chicken recipe is this Lemon and Herb Roasted Chicken. The chicken is marinated in citrus and fresh herbs and oven roasted until juicy, tender and golden brown. A wonderful dinner option any day of the week!
Greek Lemon Oven Roasted Chicken Thighs is one of those chicken recipes I make over and over again. The oven roasted chicken thighs always turn out tender and juicy. The crispy chicken skin is a beautifully golden brown and the pan juices are so flavorful. To make things even better, the chicken pieces cook in one pan together with tomatoes, creamy Feta cheese and briny Kalamata olives! An easy and wonderful dinner option!
How Long To Cook Chicken Thighs in the Oven
- I bake skin on, bone in chicken thighs uncovered, at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 35 – 40 minutes.
- As per safety guidelines, bone in chicken thighs should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees. An instant-read thermometer is a tool you must have in your kitchen.
How To Make Greek Lemon Oven Roasted Chicken Thighs
- I marinate the chicken thighs in olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt & pepper and a little bit of plain yogurt. The yogurt helps produce the most delicious pan sauce. Trust me you will want to drink the sauce with a spoon!
- You can marinate the chicken at room temperature for 15 minutes or you can refrigerate it and marinate it overnight if you have the time. I place all ingredients in a zip-top bag for easy cleanup.
- Next, you place the chicken with the marinade in an oven safe pan. I used a cast iron skillet but any baking dish works.
- Bake the chicken thighs at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and top the chicken with Kalamata olives, cubes of feta cheese and tomatoes (any small tomato variety – like cherry or grape tomato – works well). Return to the oven and bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and enjoy!
- If you love Greek food, check out my Baked Greek Meatballs and my easy and light Tzatziki Sauce
- Head to West Via Midwest and take a look at Michele’s Greek Style Lamb Chop Recipe, they are divine!
- Serve this easy oven baked chicken recipe with:
The Creamiest Mashed Potatoes (Striped Spatula)
Homemade Pita Bread(Fox and Briar)
Smashed Lemon Garlic Potatoes (West Via Midwest)
WANT TO TRY THESE GREEK LEMON OVEN ROASTED CHICKEN THIGHS?
PIN IT TO YOUR DINNER, CHICKEN OR MAIN DISH BOARD!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 4 ounces Feta cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup small tomatoes (cherry or grape tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives
To make the marinade, place the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, yogurt, oregano, 1 teaspoon of salt and ground black pepper in a zip-top bag or a non-reactive bowl.
Lightly season the chicken thighs with salt. Place the chicken into the marinade and mix to combine making sure the chicken is coat evenly. Marinate for 15 minutes or up to 24 hours.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the chicken, skin side up in a cast iron skillet or baking dish. Pour the marinade over the chicken.
Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the skillet/baking dish from the oven and add the Feta cheese, tomatoes and Kalamata olives on top and in between the chicken pieces.
Return to the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and golden brown. Remove from the oven and serve.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!