These Roasted Greek Potatoes with lemon, garlic, Kalamata olives and feta cheese are delicious and easy to make. These Greek style oven roasted potatoes are perfectly seasoned and roasted until tender and creamy inside and golden and crispy on the outside.
psst… Thanksgiving stress?
Download our limited-time guide to hosting a smooth Thanksgiving, as experienced & perfected by Chef Kathy.
Potatoes are such a classic, earthy, comfort side dish. Whether they are creamy mashed potatoes, potato wedges, baked potatoes, potato gratin or these amazing Garlic and Herb Cheesy Smashed Potatoes, one thing is for certain, everyone is always happy when potatoes are part of the meal.
Oven roasted potatoes are one of my favorite side dishes to make. Besides being delicious, roasted potatoes are easy to make, their prep is minimal and you only need to use one baking sheet. Oh and let’s not forget the oven does most of the work! Perfect!
For these Roasted Greek Potatoes, I decided to use ingredients commonly found in Greek dishes. Fresh garlic, lemon juice, oregano, olive oil, Kalamata olives and tangy feta cheese.
The result is a fabulous side dish loaded with flavor that you can serve as part of a weeknight meal and fancy enough to serve at a dinner party.
What Can I Serve With Roasted Greek Potatoes?
Serve these crispy and delicious roasted red potatoes with this Honey Mustard and Herb Oven Roasted Pork Loin, with Grilled Rib Eye Steaks with Chimichurri Sauce or with my quick and easy Pressure Cooker Whole Chicken Rotisserie Style!
What Are The Best Potatoes For Roasting?
Waxy, thin skin potatoes are best for roasting. Waxy potatoes hold their shape while the thin skin allows for the heat to go into the potato easily.
All -purpose potatoes like Yukon Gold, fingerlings, red-skinned potatoes and tri-colored potatoes (red-skinned, yellow-skinned and purple potatoes) are my favorite potatoes for roasting. They have a creamy and fluffier consistency but still hold their shape.
How To Roast Potatoes In The Oven
- Cut your potatoes in similar sizes for even cooking.
- Dry your potatoes before seasoning them. This step helps the potatoes crisp up.
- Use a large shallow sheet pan. The potatoes should fit comfortably in a single layer.
- Line the sheet pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper for easy cleaning.
- I season the potatoes right in the baking sheet. The less dirty dishes to do, the better!
- Roast your potatoes in a preheated 400 degrees oven.
- Roast the potatoes for about 35 to 40 minutes or until tender and golden brown. The time will vary depending on the size of the potatoes.
- I stir the potatoes once half way through the roasting process.
Crispy Roasted Greek Potatoes
To make these oven baked potatoes, I follow the simple steps for roasting potatoes listed above. I add the Kalamata olives 15 minutes before the roasting time is done so the olives get warm, blistery and also get some of the delicious seasoning all over them. After the roasting is done, I stir in the feta cheese and serve!
Follow me on social media for more recipe ideas & inspiration!
Crispy Roasted Greek Potatoes
- Cut the potatoes in half trying to keep all the pieces about the same size for even cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Place the potatoes in a bowl (you can do this right on the sheet pan if you prefer), add the garlic, drizzle with the olive oil and lemon juice, add the oregano, salt and pepper and toss to coat. Add the lemon slices and toss gently.
- Transfer the potatoes to a sheet pan and spread out into an even layer.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then flip the potatoes and add the Kalamata olives. Bake for another 15 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and toss in half of the feta cheese. Mix gently. Garnish with the remaining of the feta cheese and serve.
- You can use red, yellow and purple baby potatoes work well. I used a combination of the three. Fingerling potatoes can also be used.
- Yukon Gold potatoes and regular red skinned/yellow skinned can be used cut into quarters or about 1.5 inch chunks.