Last updated on September 27th, 2017 at 05:45 pm
Apple, spices and pumpkin beer. Harvest Shandy! Dare I say more?
My bestie and I (yes we agree on “bestie” instead of BFF because we like the cheesiness of the word) – we decided that to break up the weekly routine we would meet once a week for breakfast or brunch, rain or shine! Unless one of us is in our death bed or one of the kids is really sick (not just sniffles, I mean fever kinda sick), the “bestie date” it’s gonna happen!
Once in a while we go out, but we have way more fun when we meet at each other’s house. We switch weekly so we both get a chance to plan a meal and cook for each other.
I am actually beyond excited that she cooks for me. No one ever does! She sets a beautiful table and entertains better than Martha Stewart! She definitely keeps me on my toes!
Some weeks we make healthy smoothies and some weeks we go for boozy coffee. This time I thought we could welcome the fall season with this delicious drink!
Harvest Shandy, an Apple and Pumpkin Beer Cocktail
Delicious and extremely easy to make. If you can pour 2 ingredients in a pitcher, you are set! Spiced apple cider and pumpkin ale is all you need. If you are in a festive mood or want to impress your friends, garnish it with apple slices and cinnamon sticks. Perfection!
- This is not a super strong drink. Spike your harvest shandy a bit more by adding a shot of bourbon! Sometimes it is the only way to go!
- Try to use organic and unfiltered apple cider, the one you need to shake before drinking (this is not the time to use up the children’s apple juice boxes). Real apple cider has better flavor and body.
- Need more cocktail ideas? what about this colorful and tropical coconut & pineapple Bikini Martini.
- Love pumpkin? Check this Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake
- 6 ounces apple cider chilled
- 7 ounces pumpkin beer chilled
- Apple slices optional
- Cinnamon sticks optional
- In a small pitcher, combine the apple cider and pumpkin beer. Serve
- Garnish with apple slices and cinnamon sticks.