Last updated on January 16th, 2018 at 10:12 pm
This Cranberry Maple Bourbon Cocktail has the right balance of sweet and tart, with the warmth of bourbon and subtle orange tones. It is bright, delicious, and perfect for the holiday season (or any time you want the best bourbon mixed drink!)
I was planning a get together with friends and I knew I wanted to make a cocktail that represented the holidays and the weather perfectly (it’s getting very cold in this area). It also had to be easy to make, but spectacular. It’s the holidays after all!!! I thought a cranberry cocktail would be perfect for the season!
Cranberry Maple Bourbon Cocktail
So of course first things first, the gathering of ingredients!
- I wanted to combine bourbon and maple syrup because I think the two are a perfect match! The warmth of both ingredients are just spectacular.
- I wanted to add a bit of citrus and to accomplish that I use one of my favorite liquors ever! Grand Marnier! An orange twist as garnish also makes it prettier!
- I used cranberry juice not cocktail.
- Using a good bourbon is a must but since is a mixed drink you don’t need top of the line either.
- Sugared cranberries are incredibly addicting! I tell you all about them below.
To make it super festive, I added some sugared cranberries as a garnish. They are totally optional but I highly recommend them. Not only do they make the drink look beautiful, they are easy to make and delicious. Use some for garnish and snack on the rest. Perhaps sharing them with your guest is also a good idea, or like me just devour them all without sharing!!
- This recipe makes a large cocktail (I used a double old fashioned glass)
- Shake, shake, shake and then shake some more! Strain and pour over ice.
- If you love bourbon, you may want to check out these recipes
Bourbon and Peach BBQ Ribs
Herb Crusted Pork Chops with Apple and Maple Bourbon Glaze
- Need a red pretty drink for Valentine’s Day? This is a great drink to serve.
WANT TO TRY THIS CRANBERRY MAPLE BOURBON COCKTAIL?
PIN IT TO YOUR COCKTAILS BOARD!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
- 4 ounces cranberry juice (not cocktail)
- 1 ounce maple syrup
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 1/2 to 3/4 ounce Grand Marnier
- Orange slices for garnish
- Sugared Cranberries Skewered for garnish (optional)
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat combine ½ cup of water and ½ cup of sugar, stirring until the sugar is dissolved, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in the cranberries until well coated. Let them sit in the syrup for 30 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon transfer to a parchment paper lined baking sheet and let them dry for at least 1 hour.
- Roll the cranberries in the remaining 1 ½ cup of sugar until well coated. Let them dry for about an hour.
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker, then add the cranberry juice, maple syrup, bourbon and Grand Marnier.
- Shake vigorously. Strain into a glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with an orange slice and a skewer of sugared cranberries (optional)
Sugared Cranberries: Prep Time: 5 Minutes Cooking Time: 3-5 Minutes Inactive Cooking Time: 2 1/2 hours
KEEP IN TOUCH AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!