This Caramel Apple Pie Party Mix is loaded with caramelized pecans, pretzels, dried apples and caramel chips. This snack mix is a bit crunchy, a bit sweet and as delicious as homemade apple pie!
I’ve joined forces with many talented foodie friends to put together a list of recipes of all things apple. This recipe is one of over 200 recipes that will be published this week. There is also a giveaway for 7 amazing prizes. You can find a link for the giveaway below! If you haven’t yet, take a quick look at my other #AppleWeek recipes:
Apple Upside Down Cake
Skillet Apple and Sausage Stuffing
If you love caramel apple pie, you will love this easy to make and always addicting party mix! Every time we serve this snack mix it seems to be the first thing to disappeared! I am not surprised – I can certainly sit and eat a whole bowl by myself. Yes it’s that good!
CARAMEL APPLE PIE PARTY MIX INGREDIENTS:
- BROWN SUGAR
- DRIED APPLES
- GRANULATED SUGAR
- CARAMEL MORSELS
This Caramel Apple Pie Trail Mix is so easy to make. I enlisted the help of my little one who always loves to join me in the kitchen. He was in charge of mixing the ingredients that coat the pecans and pretzels. Brown and granulated sugars, melted butter, cinnamon and a pinch of salt (that was his favorite ingredient!).
The pretzels and pecans get coated with the delicious sugary mixture (that smells amazing!!). Then it’s baked for about 12 – 15 minutes.
After removing the pretzel/nut mixture from the oven, let it cool before mixing with the rest of the ingredients. I must admit, waiting was hard for me to do. I wish I could blame my son for it but no, I was the most impatient person in the kitchen! I wanted to mix everything and start eating – the incredible aromas of toasty nuts, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon were absolutely wonderful!!
If you are like me, and cannot wait for the mixture to be completely cool before adding the rest of the ingredients, please know that your caramel morsels may melt a bit and the party mix may get a bit messy (yeah like melty caramel is ever a problem!)
Serve this delicious snack mix as part of appetizers at a cocktail party, for movie nights, tailgate parties or simply on a fall afternoon! Enjoy!
WANT TO TRY THIS CARAMEL APPLE PIE PARTY MIX?
PIN IT TO YOUR SNACK, APPETIZER OR FALL BOARD!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
ENTER FOR A CHANGE TO WIN PRIZES FOR #APPLEWEEK HERE
TAKE A LOOK AT ALL THE OTHER WONDERFUL APPLE RECIPES POSTED TODAY!
- Apple & Red Cabbage Slow-Cooker Sauerkraut by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck
- Apple Bourbon Pork Tenderloin with Nutternut Squash by Girl Abroad
- Apple Butter-Glazed Chicken Wings by Culinary Adventures With Camilla
- Apple Cherry Jam Cookies by The Monday Box
- Cheddar Chicken Tacos with Apple Salsa by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Apple Cider Donuts by House of Nash Eats
- Apple Cider Mules by The Redhead Baker
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Muffins by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Apple Fritters by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Apple Maple Breakfast Sausage by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Apple Spice Poke Cake by Jonesin’ for Taste
- Apple Oatmeal Muffins by Books n’ Cooks
- Apple Pandowdy by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Apple Pecan Chicken Salad by Cookaholic Wife
- Baked Apple Cider Donuts by Everyday Eileen
- Baked Cinnamon Apples by The Anthony Kitchen
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip by Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids
- Caramel Apple Galette by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Caramel Apple Pie Bars by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Caramel Apple Pie Party Mix by Lemon Blossoms
- Chicken with Apple, Onion, and Cider Sauce by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Cinnamon Apple Fritters by The Freshman Cook
- Chipotle Turkey, Apple, & Sweet Potato Chili by Savory Moments
- Dairy Queen Copy Cat Apple Pie Blizzard by An Affair from the Heart
- Harvest Apple Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Love and Confections
- Herby Ginger Apple Compote by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Individual Skillet Apple Pies by Family Around the Table
- Instant Pot Apple Butter by Soulfully Made
- Instant Pot Quick Oats with Apples, Walnuts and Honey by 4 Sons R Us
- Japanese Beef Curry (Kare Raisu) by Palatable Pastime
- Kielbasa, Apple, Bacon, Sweet Potato Skillet Meal by Tip Garden
- Mini Apple Crisp Baked Apples by Cooking With Carlee
- New England Apple Cake by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Pan Apple Cakes by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Salted Caramel Apple Cinnamon Turnovers by Daily Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chai Apple Butter by Mildly Meandering
- Spiked Mulled Apple Cider by Caroline’s Cooking
- Stuffed Apples with Homemade Sausage and Rice by Our Good Life
- 3 cups pecan halves
- 4 cups small pretzels twists
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups dried apple slices, chopped
- 3/4 cup caramel, morsels
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, mix together the melted butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon and pinch of salt.
Add the nuts, stirring until coated. Then add the pretzels, and stir until the nuts and pretzels are completely coated.
Spread the mixture on the baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, stirring twice during cooking. Remove from oven and cool completely.
When cool, mix the nut and pretzel mixture with the apples and caramel.
Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
KEEP IN TOUCH AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!