Candied Pecans are easy to make and incredibly delicious. These Candied Pecans are coated with cinnamon sugar and make a tasty snack. Candied Nuts are the perfect topping for many dishes like salads and desserts and make a wonderful food gift.
Candied pecans are sweet, salty, crunchy and absolutely delicious. This Candied Pecans recipe is made with simple ingredients then baked in the oven until perfectly toasted and incredibly fragrant.
This post first appeared over at Princess Pinky Girl where I am a contributor.
Slow roasted pecans with a spiced candy coating are one of my favorite snacks and a great topping for so many recipes. Buying a bag of candied nuts at the supermarket can be expensive – especially if you take a closer look at the size of the bag! (Seriously, why are they so small?). Making these glazed pecans at home is so much better and budget friendly!
This Candied Pecans recipe is super versatile. You can use any type of nuts – like walnuts, almonds and cashews. You can also substitute the spices with ingredients like smoked paprika, ground cumin, ginger and ground cayenne pepper for some heat!
How To Make Candied Pecans
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the sugars, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg white and 1 tablespoon of water until slightly frothy. Set aside.
- Add the pecans into the bowl with the egg white mixture and mix well.
- Add the cinnamon-sugar mixture to the pecans and mix until evenly coated.
- Spread the pecans on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, stirring a couple of times during the baking process.
How To Store Candied Pecans?
- Cool the candied nuts completely and store them in an airtight container at room temperature for about a week.
Do These Candied Nuts Need To be Refrigerated?
- No, the candied nuts don’t need to be refrigerated however, if you refrigerate them, they will keep longer (up to 4 weeks). Make sure you place them in an airtight container.
Can I Freeze Candied Nuts?
- Absolutely! They can be frozen up to 2 months.
Candied Pecans Recipe Tips
Add some candied pecans (chopped or crushed) to these amazing dishes:
- Carrot Soup with Ginger and Turmeric
- Vegan Butternut Squash
- Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake
- Roasted Beet Salad with Crispy Goat Cheese
- Maple Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Follow me on social media for more recipe ideas & inspiration!
Crunchy Candied Pecans
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly grease it with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the granulated sugar, brown sugar, ground cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites with 1 tablespoon of water until lightly frothy.
- Add the pecans into the bowl with the egg white mixture and mix well. Sprinkle the sugar mixture over the pecans. Mix until evenly coated.
- Spread the pecans on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, stirring a couple of times during the baking process. Remove from the oven and allow the pecans to cool on the baking sheet before serving.
- Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on brands of ingredients used