Pizza Pasta combines all the flavors of your favorite pizza in a one pot – 30 minutes meal! This cheesy pasta recipe with pepperoni slices is sure to become a family favorite!
Pizza and pasta dinners are always welcome at our house. On days that I decide to combine both into a quick and easy cheesy Pizza Pasta dish everyone always asks for seconds!
There is nothing more comforting than a hearty pasta bake or casserole and this one pot pasta pizza is one meal everyone is always looking forward to.
This yummy pasta dish can be easily customized to your taste. One of my kids is vegetarian, so I always make his pasta pizza with lots of cheese, olives and bell peppers. As for the rest of us, our favorite combinations for this pasta recipe are sliced pepperoni and sausage. Pepperoni pasta is usually the favorite!
How To Customize This Easy Pizza Pasta
Here are a few ideas to make this one pot pasta meal your own:
- Ground Beef
- Sliced Mushrooms
- Crispy Bacon
- Artichoke Hearts
- Kalamata Olives, Green Bell Peppers, Red Onions and Feta Cheese
How To Make One Pot Pizza Pasta
- Gather all your ingredients because this one pot pasta dish cooks fast!
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, brown the sausage, crumbling it as it cooks.
- Add the onions and bell peppers and cook for about 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the sliced pepperoni and garlic and saute for about a minute or until it becomes fragrant.
- Add the pasta sauce. I like marinara, beef or sausage flavors best. Use your favorite. The results will be amazing!
- Add seasonings and water. Season with salt and pepper to taste (remember you will be adding cheese so don’t over do it).
- Bring to a boil. Add the dried pasta and stir.
- Lower the heat, cover and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Stir a few times during the cooking process to prevent the pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- When the pasta is tender, remove from the heat and stir in the olives.
- Stir in the mozzarella cheese and season to taste.
- Serve garnished with pepperoni slices and fresh basil or parsley.
You have questions? We have answers!
What Kind Of Noodles Can I Use For This Pizza Pasta Recipe?
This fun pasta recipe can be made with any noodle. Short noodles or mini noodles like rotini, or pene work best and are always easier to eat, especially if you have kids. However, I have made this Italian inspired recipe with spaghetti with great results.
Is this Pasta Pizza A Kid Friendly Recipe?
Yes! Because of all the pizza flavors, kids love this easy pasta recipe.
Could I Make This Into A Pasta Bake?
Absolutely, pizza pasta bake is always a good idea! Pour the pasta into a casserole, top it with some extra mozzarella and bake it (or broil it) until the cheese melts and gets bubbly!
Can I Make This Simple Pasta Recipe Ahead?
Yes! This pasta dish can be made a day ahead of time. When I make pizza pasta ahead, I like to store it in the refrigerator in an oven safe baking dish.I usually add additional cheese on top for extra yuminess. To reheat, I bake the casserole covered in a 350 degree oven for about 35 – 45 minutes or until heated through. I like to uncover the baking casserole for the last 10 minutes so the top gets a bit golden and melty.
TAKE A LOOK AT THESE OTHER EASY PASTA RECIPES
- Chicken Pesto Pasta
- Lemon Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Pasta
- Pesto Pasta Salad
- Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad
- Shrimp Alfredo Recipe
- Creamy Gorgonzola Pasta with Steak
Follow me on social media for more recipe ideas & inspiration! Pinterest Facebook Instagram My Newsletter
One Pot Pizza Pasta
- 1 teaspoon Olive oil (optional)
- 1 pound mild Italian Sausage (bulk or removed from its casings)
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces sliced pepperoni (save a few pieces whole to use as garnish)
- 24 ounces jar pasta sauce (marinara, meat or sausage flavor works best)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cups water
- 1 pound dry uncooked short pasta (like rotini or penne)
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- Chopped fresh parsley or basil for garnish
- Heat a Dutch oven or large pot over medium high heat. Add the oil (if needed) and when heated add the sausage and brown, crumbling the sausage as it cooks for about 4 minutes or until cooked through. Drain any extra fat, if needed.
- Add the red and green bell peppers and onions and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the garlic and pepperoni and cook for an extra minute.
- Stir in the pasta sauce, Italian seasoning and oregano. Add the water and season lightly with salt and ground black pepper. Stir and bring to a boil.
- When boiling, add the pasta, stir and reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for about 12 to 15 minutes or until the pasta is tender, stirring a few times through the cooking process.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the mozzarella cheese. Add the olives and mix to combine. Taste and season with salt and ground black pepper, if needed.
- Serve immediately garnished with fresh parsley or basil (optional)
Leave a Review!