This Pizza Pasta combines all the great flavors of your favorite pizza in an easy 30 minutes, one pot pasta dish! This cheesy pizza casserole is kid friendly and always a family dinner favorite!
At my house, there is a dinner option everyone always seems to agree on – Pizza! No matter what day it is or what mood everyone is in, pizza seems to always be on everyone’s mind.
I must admit that I love pizza but the take-out bill can get pretty steep and there’s only so much frozen pizza we can take before we crave real homemade food!
Loaded with some of the most popular pizza toppings – sausage, pepperoni, bell peppers, black olives and tons of ooey, gooey, melty cheese, this Pizza Pasta dish is absolutely delicious and the ultimate comfort food!
I love one pot pasta dishes, especially on busy weeknights when minimal effort and very little clean up is a must! This hearty, tasty and cheesy pasta dish is made completely in one pot and ready in 30 minutes!
How To Make One Pot Pizza Pasta
- Gather all your ingredients because this one pot pasta dish cooks fast!
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, brown the sausage, crumbling it as it cooks.
- Add the onions and bell peppers and cook for about 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the sliced pepperoni and garlic and saute for about a minute or until it becomes fragrant.
- Add the pasta sauce. I like marinara, beef or sausage flavors best. Use your favorite. The results will be amazing!
- Add seasonings and water. Season with salt and pepper to taste (remember you will be adding cheese so don’t over do it).
- Bring to a boil. Add the dried pasta and stir.
- Lower the heat, cover and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Stir a few times during the cooking process to prevent the pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- When the pasta is tender, remove from the heat and stir in the olives.
- Stir in the mozzarella cheese and season to taste.
- Serve garnished with pepperoni slices and fresh basil or parsley.
LOVE ALL THINGS PASTA? TAKE A LOOK AT THIS ONE POT CHILI MAC AND CHEESE!!
Customize It and Make it Your Own!
Here are a few great options to make this one pot pasta your own:
- Ground Beef
- Sliced Mushrooms
- Crispy Bacon
- Artichoke Hearts
- Short pasta works best for this recipe. Rotini, penne and rigatoni are great options.
- Take a look at these other one pot pasta recipes!
Chicken Pesto Pasta (West Via Midwest)
One Skillet Ham and Cheese Pasta (Kylee Cooks)
Skillet Lasagna (An Affair from the Heart)
Things You May Need
WANT TO TRY THIS ONE POT PIZZA?
PIN IT TO YOUR PASTA OR DINNER BOARD!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
Follow me on social for more recipe ideas & inspiration!
One Pot Pizza Pasta
- 1 teaspoon Olive oil (optional)
- 1 pound mild Italian Sausage (bulk or removed from its casings)
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces sliced pepperoni (save a few pieces whole to use as garnish)
- 24 ounces jar pasta sauce (marinara, meat or sausage flavor works best)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cups water
- 1 pound dry uncooked short pasta (like rotini or penne)
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- Chopped fresh parsley or basil for garnish
- Heat a Dutch oven or large pot over medium high heat. Add the oil (if needed) and when heated add the sausage and brown, crumbling the sausage as it cooks for about 4 minutes or until cooked through. Drain any extra fat, if needed.
- Add the red and green bell peppers and onions and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the garlic and pepperoni and cook for an extra minute.
- Stir in the pasta sauce, Italian seasoning and oregano. Add the water and season lightly with salt and ground black pepper. Stir and bring to a boil.
- When boiling, add the pasta, stir and reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for about 12 to 15 minutes or until the pasta is tender, stirring a few times through the cooking process.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the mozzarella cheese. Add the olives and mix to combine. Taste and season with salt and ground black pepper, if needed.
- Serve immediately garnished with fresh parsley or basil (optional)
KEEP IN TOUCH AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!