This Lemon Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Pasta features buttery lemon garlic shrimp and tender asparagus tossed in creamy Parmesan sauce.
This post has been sponsored by Prego®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
This mouthwatering lemon garlic Parmesan shrimp pasta is one meal your family won’t want to miss! This easy-to-make pasta dish comes together quickly, and it is loaded with flavor!
I love recipes that are easy enough to make during busy weeknights but elegant enough to be served on special occasions. This pasta recipe, made with Prego® Homestyle Alfredo Sauce, tastes so good—you will be making it again and again.
Lemon Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Pasta
I love to keep my pantry stocked with products that help me make dinnertime a breeze. Every time I go to my local Kroger, I like to get a few jars of Prego® Sauce. Prego® definitely helps me create mouthwatering dishes in no time. For this pasta recipe, I chose Prego® Homestyle Alfredo Sauce as it has the perfect balance of fresh cream, garlic, and Parmesan cheese for a smooth and creamy taste.
How To Make This Pasta Recipe
I really like when I can simplify how to make a recipe in a few sentences; however, for specific instructions, take a look at the recipe card below.
- First, cook the pasta in salted boiling water.
- While the pasta cooks, sauté the garlic in olive oil and butter for about a minute.
- Add the shrimp, and season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Add the lemon juice and cook for a couple minutes.
- Stir the shrimp (I try flipping them so they cook on both sides) and cook them until they just start turning pink. (The shrimp will finish cooking in the sauce.) Remove the shrimp from the skillet.
- Melt the remaining butter and stir in the garlic. Cook until fragrant (about a minute). Add the asparagus and cook until they start turning bright green. Stir in the lemon zest.
- Add the Prego® Homestyle Alfredo Sauce and cook until heated through.
- Return the shrimp to the skillet and stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Add the drained cooked pasta and toss. Serve immediately.
This lemon garlic Parmesan shrimp pasta is one of those restaurant-quality meals that is sure to impress your family and friends. Forget about making reservations at a fancy restaurant! Instead, grab a jar (or ten) of Prego® Homestyle Alfredo Sauce at your nearest Kroger and make this flavor-packed pasta dish at home.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- I used farfalle (bow tie) pasta, but any pasta shape will work.
- Shrimp cooks incredibly fast. Make sure you don’t overcook it!
- The Prego® sauce only needs to be heated through. You don’t need to boil the sauce.
- Serve immediately, topped with some extra Parmesan cheese (because there is no such thing as too much cheese), chopped parsley, and thin lemon slices (if desired).
- You can remove the shrimp tails before cooking.
Click on the button below to add all my recipe’s ingredients to your shopping cart!
Follow me on social media for more recipe ideas & inspiration!
Lemon Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Pasta
- 8 ounces dried pasta (I use short pasta)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 (14.5-ounces) jar Prego® Homestyle Alfredo Sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
- Lemon slices and chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta cooks, heat the olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir in half the garlic and cook for about a minute or until fragrant. Add the shrimp and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook the shrimp for about 2 minutes. Add the Italian seasoning and lemon juice. Stir to combine trying to turn the shrimp so they cook on the both sides. Cook for about 1 minute or until the shrimp start to turn pink. Transfer the shrimp and any collected juices to a bowl. The shrimp will finish cooking in the sauce.
- Add the remaining butter to the same skillet and melt over medium high heat. Stir in the garlic and cook for about a minute or until fragrant. Add the asparagus and cook for about a minute or until they start to become bright green. Stir in the lemon zest.
- Add the Parmesan sauce to the skillet and cook for about 4 minutes or until the sauce is heated through. Return the shrimp to the skillet and stir in the Parmesan cheese. Lower the heat and simmer for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the drained pasta to the skillet and mix to combine. Serve immediately topped with extra Parmesan cheese, chopped parsley and lemon slices (optional).