This One Pot Chili Mac and Cheese is hearty, tasty and the ultimate comfort food. Perfectly seasoned, creamy, cheesy and full of flavor. This chili mac and cheese recipe is ready in just 30 minutes! Did I tell you one pot is all you need?
I must admit, I am completely addicted to this dish. Every time I make it, I have to stop myself from eating it all – because eating one pound of pasta by myself is not very “lady-like”. Trust me, I so want to and I could. Just as I could eat the whole pan of this Mac and Cheese Carbonara! This Chili Mac is not only delicious but just pure comfort food!
Ground beef, spices, crushed tomatoes and chili beans are the ingredients I use to make my favorite chili recipe. It is so flavorful that you would think it has a bathtub full of ingredients and takes all day to make – that is far from the truth! As a matter of fact, after I gave the recipe to my best friend Stephanie, she named it “5-Minute Chili” (it does take 20 minutes to make though!). I use some of the same ingredients for this chili Mac and Cheese.
Chili Mac and Cheese
- In a large pot or Dutch oven saute onions, green bell peppers and garlic. Add the ground beef and cook until no longer pink.
- Season the beef with the spices and add the crushed tomatoes, beans and broth.
- I use canned red chili beans for this recipe. They are seasoned already and come in mild or medium. Their flavor melds very well with the spices I am already using.
- Add the pasta – I love the classic elbow macaroni but any other short pasta will work. Cover, bring to a simmer and cook until the pasta is al dente stirring a few times to prevent the pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Then add most of the cheese (save some for topping the pasta). Mix until it melts and serve!
- I usually buy ground beef that is 85% lean for most recipes but for this recipe I try to get the leanest ground beef I can get – just so I don’t have to drain off any excess fat – and because pasta and cheese!
- I use this type of beans or this
- Love One Pot Pasta dishes? Here are a few for you
Cheesy Taco Goulash Pasta
One Pot Pepperoni Pizza Pasta
Chicken Penne with Creamy Mushroom White Wine Sauce
WANT TO TRY THIS CHILI MAC RECIPE?
PIN IT TO YOUR DINNER OR PASTA BOARD!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
Follow me on social media for more recipe ideas & inspiration!
One Pot Chili Mac and Cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1 28-ounces can crushed tomatoes
- 1 16-ounces can chili beans
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 2 1/2 cup beef or chicken stock
- 1 pound elbow macaroni pasta
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large pot or Dutch oven heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and green bell pepper and cook for about 4 minutes or until the onions are soft and translucent. Add the garlic and cook for about a minute.
- Add the ground beef to the pot and cook, stirring and breaking up the beef until the meat is not longer pink. Drain off excess fat if you need to (I usually use lean beef and don't have to drain any excess fat).
- Add the spices, crushed tomatoes, chili beans and broth. Bring to a simmer and lower the heat to low. Add the pasta and stir.
- Cover and simmer for about 10 to 12 minutes or until the pasta is al dente, stirring a few times during the cooking process to make sure the pasta doesn't stick to the bottom of the pot. If the pasta gets too dry, add a bit of water.
- Turn off the heat and add most of the cheese (about 1 1/2 cups). Stir until the cheese is melted. Serve hot topped with the remaining cheese.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!