Last updated on October 10th, 2018 at 06:53 pm
This Ground Beef Stroganoff features lean ground beef and sauteed mushrooms smothered in a creamy mushroom gravy. This easy to make, budget friendly meal is ready in under 30 minutes! Serve it over egg noodles for a fantastic and hearty weeknight meal!
This post appeared first at Princess Pinky Girl where I am a contributor.
I love quick ground beef recipes like this Korean Beef Beef and Rice Bowl, a budget friendly and kid friendly meal that is a bit sweet and a bit savory with a hint of spice. Definitely a great Asian inspired meal to make on busy weeknights.
This Ground Beef Stroganoff tastes as delicious as the classic Beef Stroganoff but it is made quicker and more economical by using hamburger meat. I don’t know about you, but it seems I always have ground meat stocked up in my freezer ready for a wonderful meal.
This ground beef stroganoff recipe is made from scratch with fresh ingredients. You won’t believe how easy it is to get this dinner on the table! The silky, creamy and rich mushroom and sour cream sauce is simple yet incredibly delicious. A comfort food dish you will be making over and over again.
For this stroganoff recipe, I use white mushrooms but you can also use cremini or portobella mushrooms. You can also substitute the hamburger meat with ground chicken, ground turkey and even ground pork.
How To Make Ground Beef Stroganoff
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef until no longer pink. Season the hamburger meat with salt, pepper and dried thyme.
- Transfer the beef to a bowl. Since I use lean ground beef, I don’t need to drain any excess fat. However, if you do – drain the fat before transferring the meat to a bowl.
- In the same skillet melt the butter and saute the onions, garlic and mushrooms.
- Stir in the flour and cook for about a minute. We want to get rid of any raw flour taste!
- Stir in half the broth. When incorporated add the remaining broth, Dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
- Return the beef to the skillet and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and and let the mixture simmer.
- At this point you can start cooking your noodles!
- To add creaminess and the distinctive taste of beef stroganoff, add the sour cream and simmer for a few minutes. Make sure the sauce doesn’t boil after adding the sour cream!
- Check for seasoning and serve over hot noodles. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and enjoy!
If you love Stroganoff, take a look at my easy to make
- Want to bring this Ground Beef Stroganoff to over the top deliciousness? Add some butter to the egg noodles before topping with the stroganoff.
WANT TO TRY THIS GROUND BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE?
PIN IT TO YOUR DINNER BOARD!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
Ground Beef Stroganoff
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces egg noodles for serving
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef, season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the dried thyme and cook, breaking the beef into small pieces with a wooden spoon, until well browned and no longer pink. Transfer the beef to a bowl (drain any excess fat if needed).
- Reduce the heat to medium. To the same skillet add the butter. When the butter is completely melted, add the onions and saute for about 2 minutes minutes. Add the garlic and cook for about a minute. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 - 3 minutes, Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add half the broth while stirring. Once incorporated, add the remaining broth, the Dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Return the ground beef to the skillet and bring to a boil.
- Cook the egg noodles according to package directions.
- Reduce the heat to medium low, and simmer for about 6 minutes. Add the sour cream and simmer on low heat for about 2 - 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Adjust salt and pepper to taste
- Serve over hot egg noodles garnished with chopped parsley.
KEEP IN TOUCH AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!