Last updated on August 1st, 2018 at 08:43 am
This Korean Beef is savory, sweet and a bit spicy. Very easy to make, budget friendly and ready in 20 minutes! This delicious and simple ground beef recipe is the perfect meal for busy weeknights!
I love quick and easy ground beef recipes! This flavored packed Korean Beef is truly one of the easiest dishes I have ever made! One skillet, a handful of ingredients and 20 minutes is all you need to enjoy a super tasty and kid friendly meal! Seriously – a must try recipe if you are short on time and want a meal that delivers lots of flavor.
How To Make Korean Beef
- For this Korean Beef recipe, I brown the hamburger meat and add fresh garlic and ginger.
- In a small bowl, I mix the sauce ingredients. Soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, cornstarch and Korean Gochujang (more about this Korean ingredient below). Don’t worry, if you don’t have Gochujang at home you can use chili flakes instead.
- I pour the sauce over the ground beef mixture and let it simmer for 2 – 3 minutes.
I like to serve This Korean Ground Beef over white rice and garnish it with sliced green onions and sesame seeds. You can also serve it over quinoa, noodles, zoodles or cauliflower rice. To make it a complete meal, top your Korean Beef Rice Bowl with some veggies like broccoli, asparagus or zucchini.
What is Gochujang?
Gochujang is a chili paste with savory, sweet and spicy flavors. Made from red chiles, glutinous rice (sticky rice) and fermented soybeans. This condiment gives Korean food it distinct and complex flavor. You can find it in the Asian area of your supermarket.
- I use lean ground beef for this recipe. If using ground beef that is not lean, drain off some of the fat you’ve rendered when browning the beef before adding the garlic and ginger.
- You can use ground turkey, pork or chicken instead of beef.
- You can use garlic powder and ground ginger if you don’t have any fresh.
- If love easy Asian dishes take a look at these recipes:
Easy Orange Chicken
Asian Peanut Sesame Noodle
Honey Ginger Salmon
WANT TO MAKE THESE KOREAN BEEF RICE BOWLS?
PIN IT TO YOUR DINNER OR ASIAN BOARD TO MAKE IT LATER!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Gochujang or 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 - 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- 2 cups hot cooked white or brown rice
In a small bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients. Reserve.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the ground beef and cook, breaking it into crumbles for about 4 minutes. Stir in the garlic and ginger and cook until the beef is no longer pink.
Pour the sauce over the beef and simmer for 2 - 3 minutes, stirring as needed.
Serve over hot rice. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
KEEP IN TOUCH AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!