Last updated on July 21st, 2019 at 11:10 pm
Stuffed Pepper Soup is hearty, quick and easy to make. Loaded with ground beef, bell peppers and rice in a savory tomato and beef broth. This tasty Stuffed Pepper Soup recipe is pure comfort food in a bowl!
This simple Stuffed Pepper Soup delivers the same classic flavors of your favorite Stuffed Bell Pepper recipe but without all the extra work. Just like my Cabbage Roll Soup, minimal work is required to make this flavorful one-pot and budget friendly soup.
Homemade soups are by far tastier and better for you than any store bought canned soup. I love making easy soup recipes, especially on cold weeknights. This Stuffed Pepper soup has simple ingredients and is made in about 45 minutes from prep time to end. There’s no reason to open a can when having a wholesome and delicious meal is this easy!
Ingredients to Make Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Lean Ground Beef, I use 90% lean ground beef. Ground turkey, ground chicken and sausage (or a combination of ground meats) can also be used.
- Bell Peppers, I use a combination of red, yellow and green bell peppers. You can use either one color of bell pepper or as many colors as you want.
- Rice, I use raw long grain white rice. Quinoa can also be used.
- Olive oil.
- Chopped onions and garlic.
- Crushed and diced tomatoes.
- Italian Seasoning, dried oregano.
- Worcestershire Sauce.
- Beef Broth.
- Salt and ground black pepper. I only use sea salt or Kosher salt. I think they have less of a harsh taste – less salty if that makes any sense.
How To Make Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Saute the onions until they become soft and translucent. Add the garlic and cook for about a minute,
- Add the ground beef and cook, breaking it up into smaller pieces with a wooden spoon, until browned. Add the dried herbs and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the bell peppers to the pot and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes and beef broth. Bring to a boil.
- As soon as the soup comes to a boil, lower the heat to low, add the Worcestershire sauce and rice and stir to combine. Cover the pot and cook for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender. Season to taste and serve. Garnish with chopped parsley if desired.
Tips for Making this Easy Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup Recipe
- If not using lean ground beef or if using sausage, drain any excess fat from the pot before adding the bell peppers.
- I like cutting the bell peppers into 1-inch pieces (or smaller). This is just a personal preference. You can cut the bell peppers into bigger pieces if you like.
- You can make this hearty soup with quinoa or cauliflower rice.
- You can use leftover cooked rice, instead of raw rice to make this soup. Just add the rice and simmer for 15 minutes.
- My son loves topping this soup with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream.
- Add chopped jalapenos for a little heat!
Freezing and Reheating
- This soup reheats well. Just keep in mind that as the soup sits, the rice absorbs more of the broth ending up in a thicker soup. Add extra broth to get it to the desire consistency if needed.
- This soup also freezes well. Freeze it in smaller portions for easy thawing.
- This is a one-pot budget friendly soup perfect to bring to church functions or potluck dinners during busy holidays. I usually serve it to the boy scouts after their weeknight meetings during the fall and winter.
- This soup can be made in the slow cooker. Follow the instructions up to sauteing the bell peppers. Then transfer the meat and vegetables to the crock pot, add the tomatoes, broth, Worcestershire and rice and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Take a look at these easy ground beef recipes:
Brown Butter Cornbread Tamale Pie
Ground Beef Stroganoff
Korean Beef and Rice Bowls
- Need more soup ideas? Here are a few favorites:
- Easy Thai Tom Yum Soup
Ginger and Turmeric Carrot Soup
Chicken Tortilla Soup
Italian Tomato Tortellini Soup
THINGS YOU MAY NEED
WANT TO TRY THIS STUFFED PEPPER SOUP?
PIN IT TO YOUR SOUP BOARD TO MAKE IT LATER!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 bell peppers, chopped into about 1-inch pieces (see notes)
- 1 16-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 16-ounce can diced tomato
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup white rice
- Chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven. Add the onions and cook for about 3 - 4 minutes or until they become translucent. Add the garlic and cook for about a minute.
- Add the ground beef and cook breaking it up into smaller pieces with a wooden spoon, until browned. Season the meat with Italian seasoning, dried oregano and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the bell peppers to the pot and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the crushed and diced tomatoes and broth and bring to a boil. Add the Worcestershire sauce and rice and stir to combine. Lower the heat to low, cover the pot and simmer for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste.
KEEP IN TOUCH AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!