This Slow Cooker Ham and Potato Soup is hearty, creamy and delicious. Loaded with ham, potatoes and veggies in a rich and tasty broth . This easy crock pot soup recipe is pure comfort food!
I have to confess, I love to make soups all year round. I don’t care if it’s hot outside, there’s nothing more comforting to me than a big bowl of hearty soup. I especially love how easy it is to make soups in the crock pot. This Ham and Potato Soup takes just minutes to prep and simmers away until you are ready for dinner!
This simple soup requires just a few common ingredients. Diced ham, potatoes, corn, carrots, celery and onions plus some thyme, garlic and broth. If you have any leftover ham from the holidays, this is the recipe you want to make. Trust me, this easy potato soup recipe is one your whole family will love!
Crock Pot Soups
I love dump and go recipes like this Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup and this Slow Cooker Potato Corn Chowder. Not only they take very little time to prep, but getting home to the wonderful aromas of homemade soup is one of the best things ever! Dinner ready when you need it!
This creamy Ham and Potato Soup is super easy to make. Just throw all the ingredients into the slow cooker and let the crock pot do the rest of the work!
How To Make Ham and Potato Soup
- Place the ham, vegetables and broth into the slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Add the cream and sour cream and let the soup simmer on high for 15 to 30 minutes (while you set the table or pour yourself a glass of wine). The cream and sour cream adds richness and makes this simple soup creamy and extra tasty!
- If you have time and want a thicker soup, just let it simmer a bit longer. The longer it simmer – the thicker it gets!
Check my Pressure Cooker Split Pea Soup with Ham perfect for using ham bone or any leftover ham!
- This recipe is gluten free.
- Here are a few other delicious soup recipes:
Thai Tom Yum Soup
Italian Tomato Tortellini Soup
Ginger and Turmeric Carrot Soup
Chicken Tortilla Soup
Things You May Need
WANT TO TRY THIS SLOW COOKER HAM AND POTATO SOUP?
PIN IT TO YOUR SOUP OR SLOW COOKER BOARD!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
This Slow Cooker Ham and Potato Soup is hearty, creamy and delicious. Loaded with ham, potatoes and veggies in a rich and tasty broth . This easy crockpot soup recipe is pure comfort food!
- 2 pounds russett potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 12 ounces frozen corn
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces ham steaks, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups chicken stock (homemade or store bought)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
Place the potatoes, corn, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, ham, thyme and ground black pepper in the slow cooker. Pour the chicken broth over. Stir well, cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
Scoop out some of the potatoes into a plate and mash them with a fork (it's OK if you get some of the ham and other vegetables - they won't really mash much). Return the mashed potatoes to the crock pot, stirring them in to thicken the broth.
Stir in the heavy cream and sour cream and cook on high for 15 to 30 minutes.
Taste for seasoning and serve. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley if desire.
The longer you cook the soup after adding the heavy cream and the sour cream, the thicker it will get.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!