Last updated on April 10th, 2019 at 10:09 pm
This Middle Eastern inspired Chicken Shawarma with Vegetables is light, healthy and delicious. The best part is this tasty one pan meal is made in 25 minutes!
I fell in love with this Middle Eastern restaurant and street food favorite years ago. Although, the real Shawarma is cooked by stacking spice-marinated meats on a vertical spit, I created this homemade version a while back so I could enjoy it at home.
This time I wanted a whole one-pan meal I could make in no time, any time!
This is one of those dishes that always amazes me. A handful of common spices deliver maximum flavor.
In the case of this Sheet Pan Chicken Shawarma with Vegetables, you get all the flavor with minimum effort! That is my kind of meal!
After mixing the spices with some olive oil, lemon juice and a bit of water (the water helps to make the mixture smooth and pourable), all you need to do is place the chicken and the vegetables on a sheet pan and toss all the ingredients to combine. Don’t forget to line the sheet pan with foil for easy clean-up!
- Although I used chicken tenders cut in half for this recipe, you can use chicken breast or chicken thighs cut into small pieces (about 2-inch pieces).
- Use any vegetable you like! Asparagus, zucchini, yellow squash and mushrooms are a few options.
- Add extra cayenne pepper to add some heat!
- Serve this meal with some toasted pita bread.
- Love easy and quick sheet pan meals? Try these out!
Sheet Pan Cod with Moroccan Chermoula Sauce
Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas with Cilantro Lime Butter
WANT TO TRY THIS SHEET PAN CHICKEN SHAWARMA WITH VEGETABLES?
PIN IT TO YOUR MAIN DISH OR CHICKEN BOARD!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
Sheet Pan Chicken Shawarma with Vegetables
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoons salt
- A pinch of ground cinnamon, cayenne pepper and black pepper
- 2 pounds chicken tenders, cut in half
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, water, lemon juice, cumin, paprika, allspice, garlic powder, turmeric, salt, cinnamon, cayenne and black pepper.
- On a sheet pan lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper, place the chicken tenders, onion, bell pepper and cherry tomatoes.
- Drizzle the chicken and vegetables with the spice mixture and toss well to combine.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink. Remove from the oven. Garnish with chopped parsley (optional) and serve.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!