This easy Chicken and Vegetables Stir Fry is healthy, light, full of great Asian flavors and made in one sheet pan for easy clean up! The perfect quick meal for busy weeknights. Tender pieces of chicken, carrots, red bell peppers, zucchini and sugar snap peas are cooked in a tasty and easy to make stir fry sauce.
This week I am collaborating again with my friend Amy from House of Nash Eats to bring you delicious and healthy meals for the New Year! Check Amy’s amazing recipe this week Crispy Cast Iron Skillet Chicken Thighs. They look absolutely fabulous! I am in love with that crispy skin!!! I think I know what I am making for dinner tonight!
I love stir fry because it is so easy to make and you can customize it to your taste. I usually get my favorite wok out and wok away! This time I wanted to put all my ingredients on a sheet pan and let the oven do it’s magic – almost hands off cooking, yes!
Customize your Chicken and Vegetables Stir Fry
- Although this recipe calls for chicken breast, you can use chicken thighs. Cut them into bite size pieces. You may need to cook the chicken thighs a few minutes longer.
- Use tofu instead of chicken and replace the chicken broth in the sauce for vegetable broth or water for an all vegetarian meal.
- Pick your favorite vegetables. Use button mushrooms cut in half, thick slices of onion, green bell peppers cut into bite sized pieces, zucchini or yellow squash cut into 1-inch pieces, asparagus cut into thirds or cauliflower florets.
- Want to be a bit adventurous? Add whole shishito peppers as one of your veggies!
- Make it a little spicy – or a lot! Add chili oil, shriracha or crushed red chili pepper to the stir fry sauce for a little kick!
- Love crunchy garnishes? Toasted peanuts or cashews add a bit of texture to this sheet pan meal!
- Serve this Sheet Pan Chicken and Vegetables Stir Fry with some white rice. Place the rice in a rice cooker and set it to cook right before you place the sheet pan in the oven. By the time the stir fry is done your rice will be ready too! Time to serve dinner!
- You can also serve it with Jasmine Rice with Ginger and Lemongrass. I provide tips and instructions to make perfect fluffy rice every time!
- If you love healthy and easy sheet pan meals here are a few options:
Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas with Cilantro Lime Butter
Sheet Pan Cod with Moroccan Chermoula Sauce
Sheet Pan Chicken Shawarma with Vegetables
WANT TO TRY THIS SHEET PAN CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES STIR FRY?
PIN IT TO YOUR ASIAN, DINNER OR SHEET PAN MEALS BOARD!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup sugar snap peas or snow peas
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 - 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 -2 teaspoons sesame seeds
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly oil it or coat it with nonstick spray.
In a small bowl, mix the stir fry sauce ingredients and set aside.
Place the chicken, red bell pepper and carrots onto the prepared baking sheet making sure it is all in a single layer. Pour the stir fry sauce over the chicken and vegetables and mix well to combine.
Place into the oven and bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, adding the broccoli and sugar snap peas (or snow peas) during the last 7 or 8 minutes of cooking time.
Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds (optional).
KEEP IN TOUCH AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!