Last updated on September 27th, 2017 at 05:44 pm
This flavor-packed meal is cooked on a single sheet pan! Wild Cod, Green Beans and Tomatoes are roasted to perfection with flavorful Chermoula, a Moroccan inspired Herb, Lemon and Garlic Sauce.
This quick and easy dinner can be made in 22 minutes! Chermoula, a simple mixture of fresh herbs and earthy spices give the fish and vegetables lots of vibrant, fresh and delicious flavor!
This is one of my favorite weeknight meals! It is light! It is healthy! It is bursting with clean and fresh flavors and the best part is, you can make it in very little time and without having to get an arsenal of dishes dirty! As a matter of fact, all you need is a cutting board, a knife, a small bowl and a sheet pan!
What is chermoula anyway? Chermoula is a North African sauce usually served with fish, seafood or vegetables. Made with fresh parsley, cilantro, garlic, lemon and warm spices like cumin and paprika. There are many versions, some are spicy and others are on the mild side (like this one!). Chermoula is like a pesto or chimichirri – sometimes served as a condiment.
Most chermoula recipes start with whole spices that are toasted and then ground with a mortar and pestle. Then oil is infused with the spice mixture. Using the same mortar and pestle, the garlic and herbs are ground. The infused oil is then added to the herbs to finish the sauce. Although it is a simple process – it’s more than this busy mom can handle during the week.
This is how I make Moroccan Chermoula at home:
- Place already ground spices in a small microwave safe bowl. Add the olive oil and microwave it for about 20 seconds.
- Chop the parsley and cilantro – no food processor needed for such a small amount of herbs unless you love doing dishes!
- Add the herbs, garlic and lemon juice to the warm spice/oil mixture. Mix to combine and you are done!
Then simply line a sheet pan with foil (for easy clean up) place the fish, trimmed beans and cherry tomatoes and pour the sauce over. It doesn’t get much simpler than that! I think it takes longer to order take out.
The fish cooks very quickly, between 10 and 15 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish. You can use any firm fish like mahi-mahi, seabass or tilapia. You can also use other vegetables like asparagus or broccoli.
- You can use Moroccan Chermoula Sauce on salmon, shrimp and chicken.
- Roast vegetables like carrots and parsnips with this delicious sauce.
- Love spicy foods? Add extra cayenne pepper for more heat!
- Season in layers. Season the fish lightly with salt and ground black pepper before pouring the charmoula.
- If you have time, you can marinate the fish with the sauce for a couple of hours in the refrigerator.
- Love sheet pan meals? My Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas with Cilantro Lime Butter is amazing! An explosion of flavor in every bite!!
WANT TO TRY THIS SHEET PAN COD WITH MOROCCAN CHERMOULA SAUCE?
PIN IT TO YOUR DINNER, SEAFOOD OR QUICK MEAL BOARD TO MAKE IT LATER!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
- 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 4 (8-ounces) wild cod fillets
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 4+ thin lemon slices for garnish
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit
In a small microwave safe bowl, combine the paprika, cinnamon, cayenne, cumin, salt, sugar and olive oil. Microwave for 20 seconds. Remove from the microwave and add the parsley, cilantro, garlic and lemon juice. Mix well to combine.
On a sheet pan lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper, place the fish fillets, tomatoes and green beans.
Drizzle the fish on both sides with the spice/herb mixture (charmoula). Toss the green beans and tomatoes to make sure you get the mixture all over them. Sprinkle lightly with salt and ground black pepper.
Place one lemon slice over each piece of fish.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the fish is flaky and cooked through. Remove from the oven and serve!
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!