What is Chermoula?
Chermoula is a North African sauce usually served with fish, seafood or vegetables. Made with fresh parsley, cilantro, garlic, lemon and warm spices like cumin and paprika. There are many versions, some are spicy and others are on the mild side (like this one!).
This Moroccan sauce is like a pesto or chimichurri – sometimes served as a condiment.
Use this sauce to make this easy Sheet Pan Cod with Moroccan Chermoula Sauce.
How To Make Chermoula
- Place already ground spices in a small microwave safe bowl. Add the olive oil and microwave it for about 20 seconds.
- Chop the parsley and cilantro – no food processor needed for such a small amount of herbs unless you love doing dishes.
- Add the herbs, garlic and lemon juice to the warm spice/oil mixture. Mix to combine and you are done!
Chermoula Recipe Tips
- Roast vegetables like carrots and parsnips with this delicious sauce.
- Love spicy foods? Add extra cayenne pepper for more heat!
Follow me on social media for more recipe ideas & inspiration! Pinterest Facebook Instagram My Newsletter
Easy Moroccan Chermoula Sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup parsley finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
- In a small microwave safe bowl, combine the paprika, cinnamon, cayenne, cumin, salt, sugar and olive oil. Microwave for 20 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave and add the parsley, cilantro, garlic and lemon juice. Mix well to combine.
Leave a Review!