Roasted Parmesan Cauliflower is a simple, tasty and easy side dish your family will love. Cauliflower florets are tossed with olive oil, Panko bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and spices and oven roasted until tender, golden brown and crispy on the outside!
If you love cauliflower recipes check out my easy Cauliflower Gratin, this super creamy Roasted Cauliflower Soup and this quick and easy Cauliflower Fried Rice.
I love all things cauliflower! Steamed, sauteed, raw, boiled or baked cauliflower recipes are always delicious and a great way to serve a healthy side dish for lunch or dinner.
Roasted Parmesan Cauliflower
This delicious Parmesan Cauliflower recipe couldn’t be easier to make. Altough it’s a bit crispy, this easy cauliflower recipe is baked in the oven instead of fried.
Roasting vegetables at high temperature always results in very flavorful veggies. The oven’s dry heat caramelizes the natural sugars in the cauliflower intensifying their flavor.
The crispy bits of Panko bread crumbs, grated Parmesan cheese and herbs, takes this easy cauliflower side dish to the next level of deliciousness. The golden brown crispy bits are so delicious! After roasting, I like to squeeze fresh lemon juice over the oven baked cauliflower to brighten up the flavors.
Love roasted vegetables? Take a look at these Crispy Oven Roasted Beets with Herbed Yogurt Sauce. Easy, healthy and delicious!
How To Roast Cauliflower in the Oven
- Roasting cauliflower in the oven is incredibly easy. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.
- Line a baking sheet pan with aluminum foil (for easy clean up), place the cauliflower on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to combine. You want all the cauliflower florets to be coated with oil. Season with salt and any other spice you may want to use.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and enjoy!
How To Make This Roasted Parmesan Cauliflower Recipe
- Place the cauliflower florets on a baking sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- In a small bowl mix the Panko bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Drizzle some olive oil and mix to combine. The mixture will resemble damp sand.
- Bake the cauliflower for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and top the cauliflower with the Parmesan-crumb mixture. Press lightly so the crumbs adhere to the cauliflower.
- Roast in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- After removing from the oven garnish with chopped parsley and give it a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Serve hot or warm.
How Long Does It Takes To Roast Cauliflower In The Oven?
To get great results, it’s important that you roast cauliflower at a high temperature. In this recipe, cauliflower is oven roasted at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Bite-size cauliflower florets take about 25 to 30 minutes to roast to a nice golden brown. Cauliflower steaks may take between 18 and 25 minutes while a whole head of cauliflower may required up to 55 minutes.
Parmesan Cauliflower Recipe Tips
- Sometimes I like to serve Parmesan Cauliflower as an appetizer alongside marinara sauce or as an afterschool snack.
- Usa a baking pan that can accomodate the cauliflower florets comfortably. To get golden brown crisp cauliflower, avoid overcrowding the pan.
- Give the cauliflower enough time to roast. You want golden brown pieces with maximum flavor!
Serve this easy Parmesan Cauliflower side dish with:
Follow me on social media for more recipe ideas & inspiration! Pinterest Facebook Instagram My Newsletter
Roasted Parmesan Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, separated
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Chopped parsley for garnishing
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet pan with aluminum foil.
- Place the cauliflower florets on the baking sheet pan and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and ground black pepper and toss to combine.
- Toss the Parmesan cheese, Panko bread crumbs, garlic powder and Italian seasoning with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Roast the cauliflower for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and top the cauliflower with the Parmesan-crumb mixture. Press lightly so the crumbs adhere to the cauliflower. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 12 – 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot or warm garnishes with chopped parsley (optional) and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice (optional).
Leave a Review!