This Pizza Dip is creamy, cheesy and packed with delicious pizza flavor. This fun and easy to make dip recipe uses simple ingredients and is always a party favorite!
My family always craves pizza! Not matter what time of the day it is, they always seem to be ready to have a slice. This mouthwatering cheesy pizza dip is a fun twist on everyone’s favorite – pepperoni pizza. The warm gooey and cheesy dip is hard to resist and always the first appetizer to disappear at any gathering.
The familiar flavors of pizza (and the bread or crackers for dunking) makes this cheese dip a favorite among kids. I love making this dip when my son has friends over. Besides been budget friendly and easy to make, this is a snack I know they are always happy to eat.
Pizza Dip Ingredients
- Cream Cheese – I always use regular regular full fat cream cheese for this party dip.
- Mozzarella Cheese – Freshly grated is best but pre-shredded can be used.
- Parmesan Cheese – Freshly grated Parmesan cheese is best but pre-shredded or pre-grated can be used.
- Mini Pepperoni Slices – Regular size pepperoni can be used as well.
- Milk – Whole milk, 2% milk or skim milk can be used. Half and Half is also a good option.
- Italian Seasoning
- Garlic Powder
- Dried Parsley
- Fresh Parsley – This is an optional garnish to add color to the pizza cheese dip.
How To Make This Easy Party Dip
- Mix the soften cream cheese with the dried parsley, garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- Spread the cheese mixture into a prepared baking dish, pie dish or cast iron skillet.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the cream cheese mixture.
- Top the pizza sauce with the shredded mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Arrange the pepperoni on top and bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Topping Ideas for this Pizza Dip
When it comes to toppings, just like with any good traditional pizza the sky is the limit! You can top this delicious hot dip with any of your favorite pizza toppings. Here are a few ideas:
- Ham, cooked sausage, crispy bacon, salami.
- Mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, artichoke hearts, olives, chopped tomatoes.
- Make your own Greek Pizza Dip with Kalamata olives, red onions, spinach and Feta cheese.
- Enjoy the flavors of Hawaiian pizza. Top this tasty dip with ham and pineapple chunks.
- Go a bit gourmet with this savory combo of caramelized onions and goat cheese.
What should I serve with this dip?
Serve this amazingly tasty baked dip with toasted bread, bread sticks, crackers, pretzel bites or tortilla chips.
Can I make Pizza Dip in advanced?
Yes! You can assemble the dip ahead of time and bake it when you are ready to serve it. After you assemble it, wrap it tightly and refrigerate it for up to 3 days.
Can I bake the dip cold out of the refrigerator?
I always suggest to take the dip out of the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before you are ready to bake it. Also, some glass baking dishes – like pie dishes will shutter in the oven if they go from cold to a heated oven because of the drastic sudden change in temperature.
Can I use regular marinara sauce instead of pizza sauce?
Absolutely! The flavors are similar and marinara sauce or any pasta sauce works well.
Pizza Dip Recipe Tips
- You can use a pie plate, baking dish or an oven safe skillet to make this recipe.
- For a super creamy and rich dip, use full fat cream cheese.
- Serve this dip immediately after baking. The cheese tends to harden as it cools.
- This dip is low carb and gluten free.
Follow me on social media for more recipe ideas & inspiration!
Cheesy Pizza Dip with Pepperoni
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup sliced mini pepperoni
- chopped parsley (optional)
- Bread slices, crackers, pretzel bites, chips.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat a 6 or 8 inch baking dish or skillet with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese with the milk, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, dried parsley. Stir until well combined.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Spread the pizza sauce on top of the cream cheese layer.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese and arrange the pepperoni on top.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from the oven and garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips, toasted bread slices, crackers or breadsticks.
- You can use pizza sauce or marinara for this recipe.
- Nutrition facts are an estimate and will vary depending on the brand of products used.