Last updated on October 13th, 2019 at 02:08 pm
Halloween Icebox Cake made with layers of oreo cookies and homemade whipped cream. This icebox cake is the perfect no-bake dessert for Halloween. Just assemble, chill and enjoy!
This post/recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
This is the ultimate easy dessert to make. Only 5 ingredients. No oven required. It can be made ahead and the result is a light, fluffy, cool and delicious cake. Definitely a nice change from all the Halloween candy.
Halloween Icebox Cake
As part of Halloween Treats Week, I was sent some products to try and create. I absolutely fell in love with Sweet and Treats Candy Sprinkle Bats and their Monster Mash Mix, which by the way has edible pearls in green, purple and black. Since I love pearls, it was love at first sight! I pretty much worked around those two ingredients to make this recipe a complete and delicious success.
For the homemade whipped cream, I wanted to do a little orange coloring. I created kind of an ombre effect by separating the whipped cream into 3 bowls and adding different amounts of orange gel food coloring. There is no formula for this! I just wanted to get 3 different tones of orange from light to dark. Sometimes, the best part of no-bake desserts is enjoying the process! Have some fun with it. No rules is the only rule here!
What Is An Icebox Cake?
An icebox cake usually consists of layers of cookies alternated with layers of whipped cream or whipped topping. Other ingredients like fruit, pudding and cream cheese can also be added. The cake sits overnight in the fridge (or icebox) until it sets into a cake like texture.
How Long Will This Halloween Icebox Cake Last?
Icebox cakes are best eaten within 2 days. They don’t keep as long as a regular cake but no worries, it is so delicious that it will be gone in no time!
Halloween Icebox Cake Tips and Notes
- Allow plenty of time for your icebox cake to chill. You will need between 8 hours to overnight for the icebox cake to set nicely.
- To make the best whipped cream, chill the metal bowl in the freezer for 15 minutes before whipping. Freezing the metal whisk or beaters also helps in achieving whipped cream success.
- Use a spring form pan. This pan will allow you to release the cake easily by popping off the removable outside ring.
- Line the spring form pan with plastic wrap or parchment paper. Both would need to be hanging off the sides of the pan. I must admit using plastic wrap is much easier.
SPONSORED ITEMS USED IN THIS RECIPE
- Sweet Treats Shop – Sweet Sprinkles Mix: Monster Mash, Bats Candy Sprinkles
- Adam’s Extract – Vanilla extract
- Wilton – Color Right Food Coloring Gel in orange, Icing Set with Decorating Tips (orange and black set)
WANT TO TRY THIS ICEBOX CAKE RECIPE?
PIN IT TO YOUR BREAKFAST BOARD!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
Halloween Icebox Cake
To Decorate the Icebox Cake
- Orange Icing
- Line a 9-inch spring form pan with plastic wrap or parchment paper, that sticks about an inch above the sides of the pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer using a whisk attachment, whisk the heavy cream, vanilla extract and powdered sugar on high speed until stiff peaks form (about 5 minutes).
- Divide the whipped cream equally into 3 mixing bowls. Color each with orange food coloring, gently folding in the color until completely mixed through. Make each one a different shade of orange (light to dark).
- Place a single layer of cookies into the bottom of the pan, you can add pieces of broken oreos in between the gaps if you wish but it is not necessary.
- Top the cookies with one third of the whipped cream. I used the darker shade for the bottom layer. Spread evenly with a spatula.
- Top with a second layer of cookies.
- Top the second cookie layer with 1/3 of the whipped cream and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Top with oreo cookies and then with the remaining whipped cream. Spread evenly, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator and decorate with the icing and sprinkles.
- To be able to cut nice firm slices, you must refrigerate the icebox cake for at least 8 hours.
- Nutrition facts are only an estimate and vary depending on the brand of products. It is also calculating 2 packages of cookies instead of the exact amount needed.
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Poison Apple Cupcakes from Big Bear’s Wife
- Apple Cider Jello Shots from Fake Ginger
- Ghost Meringue Cookies from Cookaholic Wife
- Eyeball Monster Cookies from Jen Around the World
- Spooky Eyeball Truffles from Sweet Beginnings
- Halloween Chocolate Cake from Back To My Southern Roots
- Bloody Eyeball Crinkle Cookies from Creative Southern Home
- Day of the Dead Margaritas from The Spiffy Cookie
- Ectoplasm Fluff Salad from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Loaded Bat Bark from Who Needs A Cape?
- Creepy Eyeball Popcorn Balls from West Via Midwest
- Purple People Eater Cupcakes from Jonesin’ For Taste
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Cheeseballs from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes from The Beard and The Baker
- Halloween Chocolate and Caramel Cakesicles from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween M&M Cookie Bars from Katie’s Cucina
- Witches Midnight Puppy Chow from My Sweet Zepol
- Individual Jack Skellington Cheesecakes from Savory Moments
- Vegan Pumpkin Cupcakes with Dark Chocolate Sprinkle Frosting from The Baking Fairy
- Halloween Brownie Parfait from Intelligent Domestications
- Bloody Good Fudge from A Blender Mom
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Pumpkin Frosting and Spooky Sprinkles from Nancie’s Table
- Spooky Shortbread Cookies from Shockingly Delicious
Happy Halloween! It’s October which means it’s time for Spooky Season and this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek event! #HalloweenTreatsWeek is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 2nd annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 41 fantastically talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 160 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all! Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away a “Dinner and Dessert Set” – ONE 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker, a Pyrex mixing bowl set plus some fun Dixie Crystals items like a Dixie Crystal Apron and Cookbook!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Peppermint, 1.5oz Almond, 1 bottle vanilla cinnamon sugar, 1 bottle pumpkin pie spice
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Texturra 7-Piece Bakeware Set
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away a large baking box of goodies! Sweets and Treats will send one lucky winner a large assortment of sprinkles and lines and other samples of their products!
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a set of Holiday Treat Decorations (1 Gummy Assortment, 1 Marshmallow Snowman, 1 Toy Solider and 1 Gingerbread Men)
Prize # 6– Litehouseis giving away the following: 1 Litehouse® Honeycrisp Apple Cider, 1 Litehouse® Old Fashioned Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Pumpkin Spice Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Butterscotch Caramel & 1 Litehouse® Chocolate Dip, Snack Packs
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 7th – October 13th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop, Treat Street USA and Litehouse! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.