Ghostly Freakyshake – Creamy vanilla milkshake with caramel, chocolate sauce, sprinkles and topped with whipped cream. This outrageously fun freakshake is the perfect treat for Halloween!
This post/recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
This creamy milkshake is so delicious, but the best part about it is getting creative with all the Halloween goodies and decorations that go onto the glass. For this freakyshake recipe, there are no rules! Gather your family and friends and spend some time creating memories (and tasty Halloween pretzel decor).
Halloween Freakyshake Decorations
I was beyond excited when I saw all the goodies our sponsors kindly sent us. There were so many amazing products, how could I possibly use them all? Well, I got my kids to help me decorate some pretzels for this crazy over the top freakyshake! I think they did a good job using tons of sprinkles, ghosts and creepy eyes!
Below are some of the products we used:
Since I am kind of a control freak, I had to set up everything for my boys. I was most excited about the box of disposable counter covers (yes, you heard that right!) which made cleaning a breeze!
We used white and orange candy melts to cover the pretzels. Then we spent time making our best – most epic – Halloween inspired creations. Take a look at some of the kids’ masterpieces (lol).
Ghostly Vanilla Freakshake
I made a basic vanilla flavored milkshake for this recipe. I added chocolate syrup and lots of old fashioned caramel dip from Litehouse onto the glass. The caramel was amazing and I have to admit, a few spoonfuls landed in my mouth and not on the glass! Sorry, I could not resist the delicious temptation.
Sponsored Products Used On This Post
- Litehouse Foods – Old Fashioned Caramel Dip
- Wilton – Ghosts Gummy Decorations, Spooky Eyeballs Mix Sprinkles, Halloween Sprinkles Test Tube Set, Orange and White Candy Melts.
Follow me on social media for more recipe ideas & inspiration!
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup caramel dip (plus more as needed)
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- Whipped cream
- Halloween decorations used: (or use your favorites)
- Wilton Gummy decorations ghosts
- Wilton Halloween Test Tube Set
- Pretzels decorated with: Wilton Eyeball Mix, Black Jimmies Decorating Tube, White Candy Melts Candy, Orange Candy Melts Candy
- Spread caramel dip and chocolate syrup on the inside of the glasses. Spread caramel around the top outside edge (I spread caramel on the top 2 inches of the glass). Be generous as the decorated pretzels can be a bit heavy.
- Decorate the glasses with decorated pretzels, sprinkles, jimmies, etc. Place glasses in the freezer while you make the milkshake.
- In a blender, combine ice cream and milk. Blend until smooth. Pour into decorated glasses and top with whipped cream. Serve.
- Nutrition facts are only an estimate and will vary depending on brand of ingredients used and decorations.
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Pet Ghost Pudding Cups from Big Bear’s Wife
- Hocus Pocus Cupcakes from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Monster Strawberry Cupcakes from 4 Sons R Us
- Chocolate Day of the Dead Cake from Pastry Chef Online
- Small Batch Pumpkin Cupcakes from Cookaholic Wife
- Bloody Red Eyed Velvet Cupcakes from Our Good Life
- Zombie Dirt Cups from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Cauldron Cupcakes from Jen Around the World
- Caramel Apple Blondies from Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Candy Corn Sprinkle Cookies from Daily Dish Recipes
- Halloween Hash Snack Mix from Sweet Beginnings
- Caramel Apple Blossoms from For the Love of Food
- Hocus Pocus Cake Popsicles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Pumpkin Cheese Ball ~ Festive Halloween Cheeseboard from West Via Midwest
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Pumpkin Frosting and Spooky Sprinkles from Nancie’s Table
- Candy Corn White Russian from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Monster Pumpkin Spice Caramel Cream Cheese Dip from Katie’s Cucina
- Spiced Chocolate Monster Truffles from My Sweet Zepol
- Halloween Bat Sugar Cookies from Intelligent Domestications
- Bloody Good Cherry Chip Bundt Cake from The Baking Fairy
Happy Halloween! It’s October which means it’s time for Spooky Season and this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek event! #HalloweenTreatsWeek is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 2nd annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 41 fantastically talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 160 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all! Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!