Ghostly Freakyshake – Creamy vanilla milkshake with caramel, chocolate sauce, sprinkles and topped with whipped cream. This outrageously fun freakshake is the perfect treat for Halloween!
This post/recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
This creamy milkshake is so delicious, but the best part about it is getting creative with all the Halloween goodies and decorations that go onto the glass. For this freakyshake recipe, there are no rules! Gather your family and friends and spend some time creating memories (and tasty Halloween pretzel decor).
Halloween Freakyshake Decorations
I was beyond excited when I saw all the goodies our sponsors kindly sent us. There were so many amazing products, how could I possibly use them all? Well, I got my kids to help me decorate some pretzels for this crazy over the top freakyshake! I think they did a good job using tons of sprinkles, ghosts and creepy eyes!
Below are some of the products we used:
Since I am kind of a control freak, I had to set up everything for my boys. I was most excited about the box of disposable counter covers (yes, you heard that right!) which made cleaning a breeze!
We used white and orange candy melts to cover the pretzels. Then we spent time making our best – most epic – Halloween inspired creations. Take a look at some of the kids’ masterpieces (lol).
Ghostly Vanilla Freakshake
I made a basic vanilla flavored milkshake for this recipe. I added chocolate syrup and lots of old fashioned caramel dip from Litehouse onto the glass. The caramel was amazing and I have to admit, a few spoonfuls landed in my mouth and not on the glass! Sorry, I could not resist the delicious temptation.
Sponsored Products Used On This Post
- Litehouse Foods – Old Fashioned Caramel Dip
- Wilton – Ghosts Gummy Decorations, Spooky Eyeballs Mix Sprinkles, Halloween Sprinkles Test Tube Set, Orange and White Candy Melts.
WANT TO TRY THIS HALLOWEEN MILKSHAKE RECIPE?
PIN IT TO YOUR BREAKFAST BOARD!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup caramel dip (plus more as needed)
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- Whipped cream
- Halloween decorations used: (or use your favorites)
- Wilton Gummy decorations ghosts
- Wilton Halloween Test Tube Set
- Pretzels decorated with: Wilton Eyeball Mix, Black Jimmies Decorating Tube, White Candy Melts Candy, Orange Candy Melts Candy
- Spread caramel dip and chocolate syrup on the inside of the glasses. Spread caramel around the top outside edge (I spread caramel on the top 2 inches of the glass). Be generous as the decorated pretzels can be a bit heavy.
- Decorate the glasses with decorated pretzels, sprinkles, jimmies, etc. Place glasses in the freezer while you make the milkshake.
- In a blender, combine ice cream and milk. Blend until smooth. Pour into decorated glasses and top with whipped cream. Serve.
- Nutrition facts are only an estimate and will vary depending on brand of ingredients used and decorations.
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Pet Ghost Pudding Cups from Big Bear’s Wife
- Hocus Pocus Cupcakes from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Monster Strawberry Cupcakes from 4 Sons R Us
- Chocolate Day of the Dead Cake from Pastry Chef Online
- Small Batch Pumpkin Cupcakes from Cookaholic Wife
- Bloody Red Eyed Velvet Cupcakes from Our Good Life
- Zombie Dirt Cups from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Cauldron Cupcakes from Jen Around the World
- Caramel Apple Blondies from Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Candy Corn Sprinkle Cookies from Daily Dish Recipes
- Halloween Hash Snack Mix from Sweet Beginnings
- Caramel Apple Blossoms from For the Love of Food
- Hocus Pocus Cake Popsicles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Pumpkin Cheese Ball ~ Festive Halloween Cheeseboard from West Via Midwest
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Pumpkin Frosting and Spooky Sprinkles from Nancie’s Table
- Candy Corn White Russian from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Monster Pumpkin Spice Caramel Cream Cheese Dip from Katie’s Cucina
- Spiced Chocolate Monster Truffles from My Sweet Zepol
- Halloween Bat Sugar Cookies from Intelligent Domestications
- Bloody Good Cherry Chip Bundt Cake from The Baking Fairy
Happy Halloween! It’s October which means it’s time for Spooky Season and this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek event! #HalloweenTreatsWeek is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 2nd annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 41 fantastically talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 160 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all! Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away a “Dinner and Dessert Set” – ONE 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker, a Pyrex mixing bowl set plus some fun Dixie Crystals items like a Dixie Crystal Apron and Cookbook!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Peppermint, 1.5oz Almond, 1 bottle vanilla cinnamon sugar, 1 bottle pumpkin pie spice
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Texturra 7-Piece Bakeware Set
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away a large baking box of goodies! Sweets and Treats will send one lucky winner a large assortment of sprinkles and lines and other samples of their products!
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a set of Holiday Treat Decorations (1 Gummy Assortment, 1 Marshmallow Snowman, 1 Toy Solider and 1 Gingerbread Men)
Prize # 6– Litehouseis giving away the following: 1 Litehouse® Honeycrisp Apple Cider, 1 Litehouse® Old Fashioned Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Pumpkin Spice Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Butterscotch Caramel & 1 Litehouse® Chocolate Dip, Snack Packs
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 7th – October 13th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop, Treat Street USA and Litehouse! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.