Gooey chocolate, chocolate chunks and crunchy pecans make these almost flour-less Fudgy and Nutty Double Chocolate Cookies pure decadence!
Thick, rich and irresistible. These Fudgy and Nutty Double Chocolate Cookies are not only addicting but also a chocolate lover’s ultimate dream!
Good quality chocolate and baking these cookies until they “almost” look done is the key for success when making these irresistible full-of-gooey-chocolate-goodness chocoholic’s dream cookie.
Now let’s play my factual statement game!
Fact: I love a good chocolate cookie.
Fact: I’d rather have chocolate chunks in my cookies than chocolate chips
Fact: I didn’t want to post a chocolate cookie recipe because the internet is saturated with them.
Fact: Everyone thinks their chocolate cookie recipe is the best 🙂
Fact: Grandma’s chocolate cookies are the best – NOPE, not in my case! I don’t remember my grandma baking chocolate cookies ever! She actually didn’t bake a lot.
Fact: These Fudgy and Nutty Double Chocolate Cookies made me change my mind about posting chocolate cookie recipes on my blog! Yup! That’s for sure!
As I mentioned before, good quality chocolate is important. One of my favorite chocolates is Callebaut closely followed by Scharffen Berger however, I couldn’t find those in my area (the fact is, I was too lazy to drive more than a few miles and I wanted chocolate satisfaction immediately!). This time I used Ghirardelli and the cookies turned out delicious!
These Fudgy and Nutty Double Chocolate Cookies are very easy to make. They don’t require any cooling time after mixing the ingredients. Just drop a spoonful on a sheet pan and bake.
- If you prefer, you can use walnuts instead of pecans.
- This recipe calls for only 1/4 cup of flour, for that reason the “dough” is sticky and gooey. The only thing really holding these cookies together is chocolate chips and nuts – how bad could that be?
- Time is everything when baking these Fudgy and Nutty Double Chocolate Cookies. Keep a close eye on them.
- I like Medaglia de Oro Instant Espresso Coffee for baking.
- Looking for more double chocolate delights? Try these Double Chocolate Waffles A La Mode. Perfect for breakfast or brunch!
This recipe is inspired by a recipe by the amazing Maida Heatter
WANT TO TRY THIS FUDGY AND NUTTY DOUBLE CHOCOLATE COOKIES?
PIN IT TO YOUR COOKIES, DESSERT OR CHOCOLATE BOARD TO MAKE IT LATER!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
Follow me on social media for more recipe ideas & inspiration!
Fudgy and Nutty Double Chocolate Cookies
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 3 ounces (3/4 of a stick) of unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purposed flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder or instant coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces pecans or walnuts, broken into medium pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or baking mat.
- Melt the unsweetened chocolate, 6 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate and butter in the microwave at short 15 to 20 seconds intervals whisking at each interval until smooth.You can also use a small double boiler over hot water on moderate heat and whisk until smooth.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the eggs, sugar, coffee and vanilla on medium-high speed for about 1 - 2 minutes.
- On low speed, add the chocolate mixture and the flour mixture. Spread the bowl with a spatula and beat the ingredients together until well blended.
- Remove the bowl from the stand mixer. Add the chocolate chips and nuts and mix well with a spatula.
- Using a small cookie or ice cream scoop, scoop the mixture onto the lined baking sheet, leaving a few inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Do not over bake!
The tops should be dry and the centers should remain moist and chewy,
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes then transfer them to a cooling rack.They are delicious eaten slightly warm or at room temperature.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
Things You May Need