This Creamy Chicken with Artichokes and Sun Dried Tomatoes is made in one pan in less than 30 minutes. Pan seared chicken breast with a creamy and tasty sauce with artichoke hearts and sundried tomatoes.
People always ask me for easy chicken dinner recipes, especially boneless chicken breast recipes – this creamy chicken is one recipe I always recommend to everyone. Not only is quick and easy to make, but it is also a restaurant quality meal sure to impress your family and friends.This creamy chicken will make you look like a professional cook, no doubt!
This simple Creamy Chicken with Artichokes and Sun Dried Tomatoes is a great weeknight meal and also a great chicken dish to serve to company or at a dinner party. The pan seared chicken is tender and juicy and the sauce is creamy, rich, velvety and absolutely delicious.
You can serve this Creamy Chicken with mashed potatoes, pasta or rice pilaf (to soak up the cream sauce), or simply with some sauteed or roasted vegetables.
How To Make Creamy Chicken with Artichokes and Sun Dried Tomatoes
- If your chicken breasts are too big (sometimes they are) pound the chicken to about 1/2 inch thick. This will help the chicken cook evenly.
- Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Pan sear the chicken in a large skillet. I combine olive oil and butter to add some extra flavor. You can use just oil if you prefer. Do not use just butter! The chicken needs to brown and cooks completely. Butter alone could turn brown and burn.
- Give the chicken pieces some room. An inch in between pieces is good. Do not overcrowd the skillet, otherwise your chicken will steam instead of getting a nice golden brown sear.
- Sear the chicken in batches if they don’t fit comfortably in the skillet. Add oil as needed.
- When the chicken is golden brown and cooked through, remove the chicken from the skillet.
- Add some additional butter to the skillet and quickly saute the garlic. Add the sundried tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Deglaze the skillet with the chicken stock, use a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom of the skillet. Simmer.
Deglazing removes the bits stuck at the bottom of the skillet. Those brown bits are pure flavor!!
- After a quick simmer, add the artichoke hearts and cream and bring to a boil.
- Return the chicken to the skillet with any collected juices and simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes. The sauce will get a bit thick.
- Season to taste, garnish with fresh herbs and enjoy!
- You can substitute frozen artichoke hearts for the canned artichokes.
- If using sun dried tomatoes in oil, drain the sun dried tomatoes very well. Too much of the oil can make the sauce greasy.
- If you use a cast iron skillet to cook this chicken recipe, do not leave the food in the cast iron for too long. Transfer the cooked dish into a serving platter or any other container. With time, the artichokes will react to the cast iron and turn your food a blackish color (not very appealing).
- TAKE A LOOK AT THESE OTHER CHICKEN RECIPES
Greek Lemon Oven Roasted Chicken Thighs
Chicken and Mushrooms in Creamy Sauce
Maple Balsamic Glaze Chicken
Cuban Mojo Chicken
Easy Chicken Stroganoff
French Onion Chicken
THINGS YOU MAY NEED
WANT TO TRY THIS CHICKEN WITH ARTICHOKES AND SUN DRIED TOMATOES?
PIN IT TO YOUR MAIN DISH OR CHICKEN BOARD TO MAKE IT LATER!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
Chicken with Artichokes and Sun Dried Tomatoes Cream Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus more if needed
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter, divided
- 6 boneless and skinless chicken breasts halves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes, julienned *see notes
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 (14-ounces) can artichoke hearts halves
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil or parsley for garnish (optional)
- Pound the chicken breast to 1/2 inch thickness to allows even cooking. Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a skillet, heat up the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter over medium-high heat. Swirl to coat the entire skillet.
- Add the chicken to the skillet, leaving about an inch in between each piece. Don't over crowd the skillet to allow the chicken to cook evenly and get a golden brown sear. If needed, sear the chicken in batches adding extra oil as needed.
- Cook chicken for 5 to 6 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate, cover and keep warm.
- Add the remaining butter to the pan and lower the heat to medium-low. Add the garlic and cook for about a minute. Add the sundried tomatoes and tomato paste and cook stirring often for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and with a wooden spoon scrape the bottom of the skillet to release the brown bits. Turn the heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes. Add the artichoke hearts and the cream and bring to a boil.
- Decrease the heat to low and return the chicken and any collected juices to the skillet. Simmer for about 5 to 6 minutes. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve garnished with chopped basil or parsley (optional).
- If using sun dried tomatoes in oil, drain them well.
KEEP IN TOUCH AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!