Tender, juicy, delicious and full of great flavor. This Grilled Chicken with the Best Balsamic Herb Marinade is super easy to make and always everyone’s favorite!
I don’t know about you, but it seems to me that we eat chicken more than any other protein. For that reason, I always have my go-to-chicken-recipes handy. They need to be easy, quick and most important flavorful!
This Grilled Chicken with the Best Balsamic-Herb Marinade recipe seriously has the best marinade ever! Just a few ingredients – balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, rosemary and basil impart so much flavor to the chicken. Because of the vinegar and lemon this recipe doesn’t need to marinate for long. Trust me 15-20 minutes is all you need for full flavored results!
When my sister and brother in law came to visit during the holidays, the first thing they asked for was easy, quick and healthy chicken recipes. They are both nurses and work crazy hours. Even though they love to cook (well my brother in law does 96.5% of the cooking) they just don’t have a lot of time.
Of course I put on my apron ( I really wanted to put on my chef’s jacket to impress them but instead I decided to let the food impress them). I poured a glass of vino and showed them a couple of great and quick chicken dishes!
I also share with them this super versatile Tequila Lime Chicken recipe. Perfect to serve on top of salads, rice and bean bowls, inside burritos, tacos….the possibilities are endless!!!
- I don’t recommend marinating the chicken for any longer than 6 hours.
- Let’s talk about breasts! Chicken breasts that is! It seems to me that the breast halves sold at most markets these days are well – ginormous! Seriously, they are huge! Even when you purchase all natural-no hormones-no antibiotics chicken – it seems the breasts are just insanely big. For that reason I cut chicken breast halves in half lengthwise – they cook faster and the portions seem more normal on a plate. If you cook the breast halves whole – you will need to adjust cooking times accordingly.
- When I worked in the food industry we purchased cases of chicken breasts and each breast weighted either 4 or 6 ounces (depending on the dish we were preparing). If you can find small breasts like that (I should say normal size like that), then you don’t need to slice them.
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 large lemon, juiced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup extra virgen olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts halves, cut in half lengthwise
- Oil to grease the grill or grill pan
In a large bowl or zip top bag, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, rosemary, basil, salt and pepper. Add the chicken and toss until coated with the marinade.
Marinate for 15 minutes or up to 6 hours.
Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill. Brush the grill lightly with oil.
Remove the chicken from the marinade. Discard the marinade. Grill the chicken until cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
Remove the chicken from the grill. Serve hot, at room temperature or cold. Enjoy!