Lump crab meat, cheese, lemon and dill are baked to bubbly and gooey golden brown perfection. This Hot and Cheesy Crab Dip is scrumptious, rich, delicious and the ultimate party dip!
Many year ago, the hubs and I went on a romantic getaway to Hawaii. I say “romantic” because
it sounds cool we didn’t take our son with us, (we only had one baby then). As much as we loved our time together, we missed our son so much that we spent half the time wishing he was there and the other half calling him.
One night for dinner, we went to a wonderful restaurant and had the most amazing crab pizza. It was different, it was creamy and extremely decadent but somehow the freshness of the crab meat came through in every bite.
At the time , I was developing a menu for a restaurant and looking for inspiration everywhere! Hawaii was the perfect place for the job! At that moment, in that restaurant, I decided to recreate those flavors into a crab dip!
After a few times recipe testing (yes it’s a hard job sometimes), this dip was created.
Hot and Cheesy Crab Dip
I wish I could say this is a skinny dip but – that would be the biggest lie! This hot and cheesy crab dip is scrumptious, rich, decadent, full bodied, extra creamy and crab meat lumpy! The lemon zest and dill add freshness and great flavor to the delicate crab meat.
- This Hot and Cheesy Crab Dip is as easy to make as it is flavorful. If you can mix a few ingredients together and put them in the oven – to heat and melt – then you are on your way to dip heaven!
- This recipe feeds a crowd. It’s a party dip after all! Feel free to cut the recipe in half.
- You can also make the whole recipe and bake just a portion of it. You can use the remaining mix to top salmon or cod. Mound the unbaked dip on top of the fish and bake.
- Serve this Hot and Cheesy Crab Dip with toasted pita bread, pita chips or sliced French bread.
- I would not use imitation crab meat for this dish.
Do you want another appetizer idea that is fast and easy to make? Check out this Fabulous Trio of Crostini the perfect dish for last minute entertaining!
PIN IT FOR LATER!