Last updated on October 8th, 2018 at 06:20 pm
Semi-sweet chocolate chunks and white chocolate chips make these White and Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies a chocolate lover’s dream!
Soft in the middle with chewy edges and loaded with tons of chocolate goodness, these White and Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies are perfect any time of the year!
This is a cookie recipe that I make throughout the year, not just for special occasions. It is definitely delicious enough to enjoy during the holidays or at family gatherings but because it’s so easy to make – it’s one I find myself making over and over again.
Did I mention no weird ingredients in this recipe? Just simple ingredients you already have in your pantry or cupboard – OK you may not have chocolate chunks! Easy, you can always cut semi-sweet chocolate bars into chunks!
At home, my oldest son and the hubs always get into the ultimate cookie debate! The hubs likes crispy cookies – seriously crispy guys like the hard crunchy ones that come in packages – almost at a “cracker” consistency (that’s not weird, right?). My son on the other hand, likes soft and chewy cookies. The softer the better – at a raw consistency almost! They honestly drive me crazy!!
Thankfully, they can agree when it comes to these White and Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies! Phew! Soft in the center with lots of warm gooey chocolate, the sweet white chocolate chips and the rich and decadent semi-sweet chunks complement each other perfectly! (like a marriage made in cookie heaven!). The chewy edges have a light crispiness to them, making these cookies a wonderful option for both of my guys. Yes, their debate stops and the cookies disappeared.
- This recipe makes 2 logs of cookie dough. You can always freeze one for later baking!
- If you don’t have time to refrigerate your dough for 2 hours before baking it, stick it in the freezer for 30 minutes and then bake as directed!
- Do you love chocolate as much as I do? Here’s one of my favorite cookie recipes. Fudgy and Nutty Double Chocolate Cookies – these almost flour-less cookies are pure chocolate decadence!
- Are you looking for another great and easy cookie recipe? My Old Fashioned Snickerdoodles are full of cinnamon-y goodness!
WANT TO TRY THESE WHITE AND DARK CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES?
PIN IT TO YOUR DESSERT OR COOKIE BOARD TO MAKE IT LATER!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
White and Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter for 2 -3 minutes or until fluffy and pale yellow.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the sugar. Beat for 1 - 2 minutes or until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat on low speed to incorporate.
- Gradually add the flour mixture at low speed and beat until just incorporated. Add the chocolate chunk and white chocolate chips and beat or stir to incorporate them into the dough.
- Place a piece of parchment paper, wax paper or plastic wrap onto your work surface. Scoop up the dough and form it into 2 logs of about 2 inches in diameter. Roll them up in the paper or wrap and refrigerate them for at least 2 hours or for as long as a week.
- To bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the logs, using a serrated knife into 1/4 to 1/3 inch thick. Place the cookies on the prepared baking sheet about 1-inch apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. The cookies are done when they are golden brown around the edges. Remove from the oven and place on cooling racks.
- Use as many sheet pans as needed until you bake all the cookies.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
Things You May Need