Dessert Nachos made with crispy oven baked cinnamon-sugar wonton chips and topped with whipped cream, fresh berries, chocolate hearts, mini marshmallows, chocolate sauce and lots of sprinkles!
These Dessert Nachos are by far one of the easiest Valentine’s Day desserts I’ve ever made! If you are looking for super fun dessert recipes your family and guests will enjoy (and help you make) this dessert recipe is perfect for you.
I always like to have a super simple and easy Valentine’s Day recipe like this White Chocolate Valentine’s Day Bark in my repertoire! It is an easy recipe you can make when you get home after spending all day at work.
As much as I wish all holidays fell on a Saturday, the truth is not always the case. After you come home from work – or if you are a stay at home mom or dad who has done 3 loads of laundry, cleaned up half the house, emptied the dishwasher and run 5 errands throughout the day – the last thing you need is a complicated dessert full of made-from-scratch ingredients. For that reason, I prefer to go super easy and use store-bought ingredients.
Ingredients To Make Dessert Nachos (Plus Some Substitutions)
The best part about this dessert recipe is that you can actually use whatever ingredients you like or have in your pantry. Customize the toppings to your taste and have fun!
- This recipe calls for wonton wrappers. You could easily use flour tortillas instead.
- Granulated sugar. Feel free to use brown sugar or a combination of both.
- Unsalted butter. If all you have is salted butter, that works as well.
- Ground cinnamon.
- Berries, Use what’s in season – strawberries, blueberries, raspberries or blackberries. Mandarin oranges are also a good option.
- Chocolate hearts. Use any chocolate bar you like! Milk chocolate, white chocolate and dark chocolate all work! (think s’mores and go from there!)
- M&M candies. I used the Valentine’s edition just for the occasion.
- Mini marshmallows. I found pink berry-flavored ones. Try to stick with the mini ones.
- Sprinkles. Pick your favorites and most colorful ones!
- Whipped cream or whipped topping. Feel free to make homemade whipped cream if you wish.
- Chocolate sauce.
How To Make Dessert Nachos
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Preheat the oven and line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Cut the wonton wrappers in half or use cookie cutters and cut the wontons in any shape you like (my little one loves helping with this task!)
- Place the wonton pieces on the baking sheet and brush each piece with melted butter.
- Sprinkle the wontons with the cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for about 5 to 6 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. After minute 5, watch them closely. They get brown quickly!
- Remove from the oven and place them on a cooling rack.
- Place the baked cinnamon sugar wonton chips on a platter and top them with whipped cream, berries, candy, sprinkles and chocolate sauce.
Dessert Nachos Recipe Tips
- You can bake the wonton chips ahead of time. Store them in an airtight container for up to a day.
- Do not assemble the nachos ahead of time. The whipped cream and fruit will make them soggy. After adding the toppings you must serve them immediately.
- Dessert Nachos are the perfect easy dessert to make when cooking with kids.
- Have a dessert nacho bar and have all your party guests make their own individual creation! Set all the ingredients on a table and put your guests to work! They will love it.
- Serve these nachos as a sweet appetizer at a dinner party.
I wish I could take credit for this recipe but I got the inspiration from my foodie friend Erin from The Speckled Palate. We are both participating in the Winter edition of Freaky Friday! What is Freaky Friday you may ask? It’s a fun secret recipe swap that a group of food bloggers participates in quarterly. We are secretly assigned another blogger from the group, then we select a recipe from their blog, and make it any way we want! We can keep the recipe as is or we can make it our own! Only after we publish the post we get to find out who made one of our recipes!
It was so hard to pick just one dish to make. Erin has so many delicious recipes and I wanted to make them all! Seriously, I went back and forth and finally ended up picking a recipe from a hat because it was impossible to pick just one favorite!
Take a look at Erin’s great spin on a burger – her Spinach and Feta Burger is such a clever way to elevate a simple classic! Her Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Enchilada Bruschetta is definitely a must and her Chicken and Sausage Gumbo is comfort food to the max! Take a look at this Chocolate Raspberry Overnight French Toast Casserole, a breakfast I would wake up early for! Erin also has some vegan and Whole 30 recipes that look amazing!
Take a look at all of our Winter Freaky Friday Recipes:
- An Affair from the Heart – Coconut Mug Cake
- Aunt Bee’s Recipes – Creamy Gorgonzola Pasta with Steak
- Bowl Me Over – Best Crock Pot Beef Stew
- Hostess at Heart – Chili Con Carne
- Kylee Cooks – Banana Cream Parfait
- LeMoine Family Kitchen – Chicken Bacon Penne Alfredo Casserole
- Lemon Blossoms – Valentine’s Day Dessert Nachos
- Mildly Meandering – Tiramisu Latte
- House of Nash Eats – Philly Cheese Steak Dip
- Seduction in the Kitchen – Chicken Lime Soup
- Take Two Tapas – Taco Tater Tots
- The Foodie Affair – Slow Cooked Meatballs
- The Speckled Palate – Boozy Bacon Pretzel Peanut Butter Bars
- West Via Midwest – Corned Beef and Cabbage Soup
- Who Needs a Cape? – Cajun Chicken Meatballs in Cajun Cream Sauce
Follow me on social media for more recipe ideas & inspiration!
Valentine’s Day Dessert Nachos
For the Cinnamon Sugar Wonton Chips
To Make the Cinnamon Sugar Wonton Chips
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Farenheit. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon and the sugar. Set aside.
- Place the wonton halves on the prepared baking sheets spacing them so they don’t touch.
- Brush each wonton half with the melted butter and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for about 5 to 6 minutes or until the wontons are crispy and golden brown. Remove them from the oven and place them on a cooling rack. You may need to repeat the process until all the wonton chips are baked.
To Make the Dessert Nachos
- Place the wonton chips on a platter. Dollop with whipped cream, top with berries, chocolate hearts, mini marshmallows and sprinkles. Drizzle with the chocolate sauce. Serve immediately.