Soft, creamy and delicious, these Pumpkin & Cheesecake Swirl Oat Bars are like a marriage between pumpkin cheesecake and oatmeal cookies. They are the perfect sweet bite for the season!
A few weeks back I published a recipe for Dulce de Leche & Pumpkin Butter with Bourbon. To tell you that I am obsessed with the flavors of that delicious recipe, would be an understatement!
Dulce de Leche & Pumpkin Butter with Bourbon is a very easy recipe made in the crock pot. The combination of flavors results in an amazing and smooth butter and the aromas that impregnate the house are amazing! Forget the smell of seasonal candles! This is the real deal and you get to eat it at the end. What could be better than that?
Of course after devouring the whole pot (don’t worry, I had lots of help from family members), I decided to search for a recipe where I could use this amazing concoction and somewhat transform it into another glorious and more decadent bite.
While waiting in line at the market trying to ignore my children’s many pleas for candy, gum and soda (who puts that stuff by the registers? Not a parent I’m sure), I saw a magazine with fall desserts and I instantly got inspired.
Pumpkin & Cheesecake Swirl Oat Bars
This recipe is adapted from a recipe by Paula Deen. It is the perfect vessel for my homemade Dulce de Leche & Pumpkin Butter with Bourbon however, you can make it with store bought pumpkin butter if you prefer.
This Pumpkin & Cheesecake Swirl Oat Bars recipe uses a large 13 x 9 inch baking pan so you will have plenty bars to share! You can refrigerate them for a few days or even freeze them individually wrapped. Properly sealed they can last for up to a month in the freezer.
- On the recipe, when I say “spoon the pumpkin butter onto the cream cheese mixture. Using a knife swirl them together”. There’s no need to swirl it like a tornado (as I did) a delicate swirl will do!
- Looking for other pumpkin recipes? Check out this Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake.
Pumpkin cocktail anyone? This Harvest Shandy is the easiest cocktail you will ever make! Enjoy!
Follow me on social for more recipe ideas & inspiration!
Pumpkin & Cheesecake Swirl Oat Bars
- 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ¾ cups chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ¼ cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 large eggs
- 9 ounces pumpkin butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 13x9 inch baking pan with parchment paper allowing excess to extend over the sides of the pan. Spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl stir together 2 cups of flour, oats, brown sugar, pecans, salt, pumpkin pie spice and baking soda. Add the butter and with a mixer at medium low speed beat until crumbly.
- Reserve 1 ½ cup of the mixture in a separate bowl. Press the rest of the oat mixture evenly into the prepared baking pan. Bake for about 20 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Into a large bowl add the cream cheese, sugar, heavy whipping cream and the remaining 1 tablespoon of flour. With a mixer at medium speed, beat the mixture for about 2 to 3 minutes. Scrape the sides of the bowl and beat again until creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Pour the mixture on top of the baked crust. Spoon the pumpkin butter onto the cream cheese mixture. Using a knife swirl them together.
- Sprinkle the reserved oat mixture on top.
- Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely. When cool, lift the baked bar using the excess parchment paper as handles.
- Remove from the pan and cut into bars. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.