This Pear and Goat Cheese Tart is sweet and savory with a flaky and buttery puff pastry crust! A mixture of creamy and tangy goat and cream cheeses, sweet pears, fresh thyme and a drizzle of honey makes this the most delicious fall appetizer or dessert!
This tart is beautiful and also quick and easy to make. You can assemble it a day ahead and keep it refrigerated. Right before baking, top it with the pears and bake until golden brown. This makes it a great dish for entertaining!
Working with puff pastry is quite easy. For this tart, I keep things very simple. Roll out the dough, slightly flatten the pastry with a rolling pin – mostly to smooth out the fold lines – fold the edges and crimp with the tines of a fork. Brush with egg wash and you are ready for the next step.
I mix both cheeses, honey and thyme in a medium bowl until well combined. Since both cheeses are room temperature, you really don’t need to get any special equipment out! A spatula is all you need.
This Pear and Goat Cheese Tart is the perfect brunch, appetizer or dessert dish. Yes dessert! This is not overly sweet but with the honey drizzle, it definitely qualifies as dessert. However, you can always add an extra tablespoon of honey to the cheese mixture for some extra sweetness.
- The number one rule of puff pastry is “chill the pastry”. Cold puff pastry puffs. Room temperature puff pastry doesn’t rise as much and/or rises unevenly.
- Serve this tart for a light lunch with this Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Greens Salad with Quince Vinaigrette. Elegant, easy and delicious!
- Check out these delicious appetizer recipes:
Pea Fritters with Goats Cheese Cream (Sprinkles and Sprouts)
Roasted Fennel, Salami and Ricotta Crostini (Inside the Rustic Kitchen)
Easy Cheese Dip (The Gingered Whisk)
Brie and Cranberries Baked in Puff Pastry
Puff Pastry Tart with Tomatoes, Asparagus and Herbed Feta
WANT TO TRY THIS PEAR AND GOAT CHEESE TART?
PIN IT TO YOUR APPETIZER OR DESSERT BOARD TO MAKE IT LATER!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
Follow me on social media for more recipe ideas & inspiration!
Quick and Easy Pear and Goat Cheese Tart
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed (about 8.6 ounces)
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon of water, for egg wash
- 4 ounces goat cheese at room temperature, plus more for garnishing
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon honey, plus more for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped plus more for garnishing
- 2 ripe pears, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cream cheese and goat cheese until smooth. Add the honey and thyme and mix well to combine.
- Roll out the sheet of Puff Pastry into a lightly floured board. With a rolling pin, lightly flatten the pastry. This will make the pastry smooth. Fold over the edges and crimp down with a fork.
- Brush the entire pastry, edges included, with egg wash. Spread the cheese mixture evenly all over the pastry but avoiding the borders.
- Refrigerate for 5 -10 minutes. Remove from the refrigerator and arrange the pears over the cheese mixture. Garnish with small pieces of goat cheese. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with honey. Garnish with fresh thyme (if desired) and serve.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!