Last updated on July 11th, 2018 at 10:41 pm
This Pan Seared Filet Mignon is incredibly tender, juicy, and super tasty. Smothered in flavorful Blue Cheese Butter for a melt in your mouth easy and affordable restaurant quality meal at home.
This post is sponsored by Salemville, as always all opinions are my own
I love steak! As a matter of fact if I had to pick a “last meal”, steak would be it! What I don’t enjoy so much is the high prices one pays at steakhouses and fancy restaurants. I always feel I can buy the steak for a fraction of the price and cook it myself!
How To Make Blue Cheese Butter
Compound butters are so easy to make and add such a nice touch to steaks and vegetables. The 3-ingredients Blue Cheese Butter comes together so easily and delivers a ton of flavor. No special equipment or gadgets needed. Just soften the butter (room temperature butter makes it easier!) and mix it with Blue Cheese Crumbles and chopped parsley.
How To Cook Filet Mignon
- For this recipe I combine the pan seared method with the oven method of cooking steak.
- Choose a steak that is 1 1/2 to 2-inch thick.
- Bring your steak to room temperature before cooking and make sure you pat them dry with paper towels before seasoning them.
- Season your filet mignon steaks generously with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat up a cast iron skillet or any heavy stainless steel skillet over medium high heat. Add oil.
- When the oil is hot add the filet mignon steaks to the skillet and sear for 3 minutes per side.
- Once seared on both sides, add the aromatics (garlic cloves, thyme and rosemary) Place in the oven and cook for 3 minutes.
- Carefully remove the skillet from the oven and divide the blue cheese butter among the 4 steaks and return to the oven for a minute or two or until the desired temperature is reached.
- After removing from the oven tent the steaks with aluminum foil and let them rest before cutting through them!
- Serve this delicious Pan Seared Filet Mignon with Parmesan Herb Easy Skillet Potatoes or simple sauteed vegetables like asparagus or green beans.
- Get creative by adding other seasonings to the Blue Cheese Butter like chopped fresh thyme, lemon zest and cracked black peppercorns!
WANT TO TRY THIS PAN SEARED FILET MIGNON WITH BLUE CHEESE BUTTER?
PIN IT TO YOUR MAIN DISH OR DINNER BOARD TO MAKE IT LATER!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
Pan Seared Steak with Blue Cheese Butter
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Blue Cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 (1 1/2-inch) filet mignons, brought to room temperature
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 2 thyme sprigs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, blue cheese and chopped parsley. Mix well to combine. Reserve.
- Liberally season the steak with salt and ground black pepper.
- Heat a cast iron or stainless steel skillet over medium high heat until hot. Add the oil and swirl the skillet to coat the bottom. When the oil is hot, add the steaks.
- Sear the steak for 3 minutes per side flipping once.
- Once seared on both sides, add the garlic cloves, thyme and rosemary. Place in the oven and cook for 3 minutes. Carefully remove the skillet from the oven (it is hot) and divide the blue cheese butter among the 4 steaks.
- Return to the oven and cook for 1 - 2 additional minutes or until desired temperature. 110 for rare, 120 for medium rare, 130 for medium, 145 for medium well and 150 for well done.
- Remove from the oven and tent with aluminum foil. Let the meat rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!