This Grilled Asparagus recipe is so easy and quick to make. Charred and smoky asparagus are tossed in simple lemon garlic butter and then topped with lots of Parmesan cheese. Asparagus on the grill has never been easier and more delicious!
Grilled asparagus is such a perfect side dish for summer. Not only takes very little time to cook but it goes perfectly well as a side dish for most grilled meats. I like to serve it with Grilled Rib Eye Steaks with Chimichurri Sauce as well as with this Tequila Lime Chicken.
I love grilling vegetables! The smoky flavors and the charred edges always bring out the best of any produce. One of the recipes I make the most during summer months is this Grilled Vegetables and Couscous Salad. Not only is tasty, healthy and beautiful but it can also be served as a vegetarian main course.
Now back to this grilled asparagus recipe. Although this is a perfect side dish for summer, during the winter months I often grill inside using a cast iron grill pan.
How To Cook Asparagus on the Grill
- If grilling asparagus directly on the grill rack (grill grates), chose thick asparagus spears.
- Thin asparagus can be grilled on top of metal racks aka vegetable grilled basket. If you don’t have one, there is no need to rush out and buy one. Just place the asparagus over the grill and keep in mind that thing asparagus will cook faster.
- Toss asparagus with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the asparagus over a preheated grill. Grill over high, direct heat for 6 to 8 minutes, turning occasionally until charred and tender.
Grilled Asparagus with Lemon Garlic Butter and Parmesan
For this Grilled Asparagus recipe, I make a simple flavored butter to add even more flavor to the already delicious grilled asparagus. If you can melt butter you got this!
I mix melted butter, a minced garlic clove and some chopped parsley and pour it over the hot-off-the-grill asparagus. Then I top them with grated Parmesan – because let’s be honest, cheese makes everything better!
- You can use salted butter for the lemon garlic flavored butter. Just make sure you season the asparagus very lightly with salt as the butter will add some saltiness to the final dish.
WANT TO MAKE GRILLED ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON GARLIC BUTTER?
PIN IT TO YOUR BBQ OR DINNER BOARD TO MAKE IT LATER!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1 - 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese or more to taste
- Lemon slices as garnish (optional)
Heat the grill to high.
In a pan toss the asparagus with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
Lay the asparagus on the grill in a row. Grill for 5 to 6 minutes turning occasionally, until nicely charred and tender.
While the asparagus are grilling, melt the butter. You can do this on the grill (in a small saucepan) or in the microwave. To the melted butter, add the garlic and chopped parsley.
Remove the asparagus from the grill and place them in a pan or serving plate. Pour the melted butter and toss gently. Top with grated Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
KEEP IN TOUCH AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!